Senior Platform and Integrations Engineer
Tia is the next generation women’s healthcare platform bringing empathy and innovation together to help women thrive. Our ecosystem of products, tools and services — from the Tia app to the Tia Clinics, the real-world gynecology & wellness practices in NYC, LA, and more coming soon — are connected by a unique, human-centered approach to care. Tia encourages honest and transparent conversations about patients’ health, both with their care team and their community of members, to help women make independent and informed healthcare decisions with confidence and ease.
As a fast-growing, cross-functional team, Tia’s core values include:
- Health & Wellbeing
- Individual Agency
- Aspirational Thinking
Details of the Role
- Type of Work: Full-time
- Location: Remote (USA or Canada)
At Tia we believe that if you want to fix healthcare you have to fix it for patients and providers. Where many companies build software for one user or the other, we build software that creates a collaborative experience between both patients and providers.
You will jump into a fast paced engineering team to ensure our platform gracefully handles the needs of our business. This includes building integrations for our current and future health system partners, building developer tooling to maximize efficiency, refactoring or optimizing existing code or processes, and developing internal libraries and APIs to support our product teams.
- You have a proficiency in data modeling and are exceptional working with relational databases
- Your team enjoys collaborating with you. You love to teach and learn from your teammates and celebrate team successes
- You excel at creating modular software that elegantly separates concerns
- You’re passionate about optimizing for engineering efficiency
- You may have some experience managing and debugging queues, or you’re very interested in gaining experience with them
- You don’t dwell on mistakes, you own them and use them as opportunities to to learn and grow from
- You demonstrate strong debugging skills because you’re curious and seek to develop mastery of your tools and the system in which you’re building
- No matter how large, small, complex, or mundane the task, you follow through to the best of your ability and persevere through challenges
What You’ll Do:
- Implement backend services to support the Tia platform
- Design and build integrations with various healthcare and EHR systems
- Build internal developer tooling to improve the developer experience on our platform
- Fun projects in areas like CI/CD, logging, integration testing, monitoring, etc...
Best Parts of the Job:
- You’ll work with a small team of nine supportive, brilliant engineers like yourself
- You’ll be recognized as a hero by your team as you slay technical debt, optimize existing systems, and build new developer tooling
- You’ll use creativity to solve novel problems and be encouraged to learn new technologies to meet our business goals
- You’ll have an experienced technical manager who deeply cares about your performance and career growth
Worst Parts of the Job
- You’ll need to build some things from the ground up and support or adapt some of our existing systems. As a fast-growing engineering team we move quickly to keep up with the business, meaning some of the engineering processes are not already in place and will need to be adapted or created.
- You’ll spend time helping our team increase integration test coverage and cleaning up systems you didn’t author
- You’ll be pitted against the AWS stack including Cloudformation and CodePipeline, but you’ll have unlimited support requests
- Unlimited vacation
- Free Tia membership
- Competitive stock option package
- $300 one-time WFH stipend
- $50/month phone and internet reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k program (no matching at this time)
- Top of the line 15” Macbook Pro
- Travel stipend for team off-sites
NodeJS • Express • ES6 • PostgreSQL • React • Redis • AWS • ECS • Lambda • Docker • Cloudformation • CodePipeline • Git
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.