Role Title: Senior Product Manager
Manager: Head of Membership Product
Tia is an innovative, venture-backed women’s healthcare company on a mission to transform the way women access, use and benefit from healthcare. Tia blends data-driven technology with a holistic, “multiple tools in the toolkit” care philosophy all unified under a big, bold sex-positive, ethically female brand.
From early days we’ve recognized that in order to build differentiated products in healthcare, we need to marry technology, operations and programming, brand and business line thinking together. Today, Tia’s Membership Product team designs & builds products for patients that enable our providers to deliver on Tia’s clinical model.
As a Senior PM on Tia’s Membership Product Team, you will work closely with the Head of Membership Product to set the product strategy to achieve topline business goals. Your core role revolves around deeply understanding your user, developing a product strategy that marries user’s needs and Tia’s needs, and then building, measuring, and launching products.
TIa’s Membership Product Team defines membership at Tia, including the entire patient lifecycle, determining the patient experience offline and online.
As a Senior PM on the Membership Product Team, you will work on the member portal. The member portal is how we bring to life our core values of transparency & access. In order to turn health from a once-a-year or episodic concern to a daily personal exploration, support patients in this journey by delivering an experience that is educational, personalized, integrated and connected.
- Educational: Thinking about your health continuously -- rather than just when you are sick -- is a new concept to many. When you ask people to change, you must coach them how to do so. In order to achieve our vision, we have to teach patients how to alter their mindsets and behaviors
- Personalized: Every patient is unique and thus should be their care. While most healthcare experiences do not live up to this, patients desire being listened to, and for their unique experiences to be reflected in their care. In order to achieve our vision, we must personalize the Tia experience and show that we are listening to our patients' needs and goals.
- Integrated: What sets Tia apart from other health care companies is our belief in whole person care. We take an integrative approach that combines traditional modern medicine with evidence-based wellness modalities that don't just treat disease but also prevent illness. We need to create a patient experience that facilitates shared decision-making and enhances the patient-provider relationship.
- Connected: One of the reasons that many women stop working towards their health goals is because of inconvenience: whether that be scheduling, insurance issues, lack of records, etc. In order to achieve our vision, we need to create an experience that is connected, convenient and accessible.
Today our build in the membership portal is focused on enabling patients to manage the nuts & bolts of their care (eg: book an appointment, message their care team, get virtual care, complete their health records). With each product enhancement, we are building towards a future vision where Tia’s technology supports patients in achieving their optimal health goals.
In this role, you will own the product development lifecycle, from taking and translating the vision developed with the Head of Membership Product & product design team through the technology product process. You will collaborate with the product team and product design team to conduct user interviews and observations to generate technology development plans. You will manage the product development process. You will liaise closely with the development team to oversee the design, spec generation, development, testing and ultimate launch of the product. You will partner closely with the clinical operations and marketing teams to launch products. You will also work closely with the provider tech team, as patient/provider technology updates often go hand in hand. You will own a close analysis of product performance against product goals.
At the get go:
- Manage the product development process, partnering with the teams tech lead and scrum master to ensure that products are effectively brought from concept to development. Manage product evaluation, using metrics and qualitative feedback to evaluate success of product launches
- Partner closely with design to develop concepts to evolve the member portal using member feedback. Work in tandem with the Head of Membership Product to develop vision and ensure vision is executed.
What we visualize this role morphing into:
- Owning the vision & development of key product areas of Tia’s Member Portal
- As a PM, your core job is to make something that people want, you’re obsessive about knowing the user, understanding the user needs and love the creative problem solving of stitching together product requirements, end-state desired design, user desire, resource capacity and constraints, and timing
- As the RP for a product area, you think like an owner & act like a CEO of your business area.
- PM’s are at the forefront of defining the frontiers of our business, they’re looking for ways to expand revenue, service line, retention, loyalty. This means being creative, being on the pulse of the user and thinking creatively / out of the box about meeting their needs -- they’re always willing to experiment always, despite the possibility of failure
- A PM’s job is to constantly figure out the best way to get the MVP into the user’s hands as quickly as possible and then find a pathway to build on top of that to iterate, improve and deliver more and more value -- therefore they must be obsessive with the game of being driven to achieve excellence, but with a regard of effort over impact.
- Sociological -- At a time when the delivery of medicine is drastically changing, and when how humans use online / offline services is also evolving, this person needs to really be able to synthesize trends and understand not just what the user wants today, but what they’re going to want in the future + how to be a “taste maker” for this product.
- Emotional -- this person will manage a big team, over time likely one of the largest people orgs at Tia. They need to be in tune with the vibe, culture, and emotional tenor of their team. They need to understand what makes their people tick to maximize outputs regardless of the tedious nature of the work.
- Execution mindset -- this is an operations heavy role, that will involve moving a ton of people towards initiatives / change management + performance / expectations management. In additional this is a role that will require much cross functional decision making -- this person much be execution and outcomes oriented, plotting against output targets to get stuff done and not allow their organization to get mired in the “bureaucracy”
- 4-6 years work experience, ideally at least 4 years as a product manager
- Understanding of engineering lift to build and design lift to design
- Previous experience with agile / scrum process
- Committed to delivering exceptional quality work - obsessed with high quality user experiences
- Passionate about healthcare - interested in disrupting and elevating the benchmark
- Proven ability to take complex products from concept into the hands of users
- Analytics -- proficient in use of excel / google sheets, SQL, familiarity with Mixpanel, python, R, or stata a plus
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate goals, tactics, process, get buy in across orgs
- Move quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment. No job is beneath you and you lead from the front.
1) Understand the business goals, evaluate opportunities for products that can support the business in effectively achieving those goals
- Works with the Head of Membership Product to synthesize market dynamics, product line performance, business needs, execution abilities, company vision & mission
- Works with the Head of Membership Product to design and execute a product strategy that supports the company strategy
- Partners with the Head of Membership Product to effectively work within the company’s OKR process to generate the product roadmap that supports company’s mission and vision
2) Hold a crisp vision of the user & competitors, and ensure that the products ladder up to that user’s needs
- Conducts periodic user research sessions to evaluate user needs + create an ever evolving + current picture of user desires
- Performs market & competitive research to understand market trends that could implicate the evolution of the product strategy
- Finds creative ways to harness more user insights and efficiently get closer to our users
3) Manage design and engineering teams through the product development process
- Liaises between scrum master + design to ensure that product development timelines are being hit and processes are being run smoothly
- Partners closely with eng + design through development cycles
- Delivers documentation and provide timely feedback to design and eng to enable their work streams
4) Manages partner teams to deliver against product strategy
- Liaise between and effectively partner with your core product operationalizers to bring your product to fruition -- in this role those people can be customer support, membership associate, eng/design, marketing/brand/content/events, other PMs
- Effectively leverage partner teams to bring your product strategy to fruition
- Work with the Head of Membership Product to use the OKR and KPI processes to drive cross functional decision and process implementation
- Deliver documentation to enable partner work streams
- Ensure that people remain ‘on the same page’ through the oft-long and complex process of product development
5) Works with marketing to run launch processes
- Partner with marketing to launch new products + experiences offline + online, which drive membership activation, engagement + retention and brand build with our user
- Work within the marketing process to deliver requirements to the team and partner with them to ensure strategy effectively “hits the mark” on the product positioning and message
- Ensure the team is appropriately educated on the user and market landscape for the product line
6) Evaluate & effectively communicate product performance to stakeholders
- Run dashboards to measure the success / performance of product
- Run product feedback focus groups with users to collect qualitative feedback
- Develop reports on whether the products are achieving higher level goals
- Iterate roadmap based on product performance
- Ensure that stakeholders are getting effective and adequate transparency into the product performance
- Use metrics as a way to build buy in for product strategy iteration and buy in
- Unlimited vacation
- Free Tia membership
- Competitive stock option package
- $300 one-time WFH stipend
- $50/month phone and internet reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k program (no matching at this time)
- Top of the line 13” Macbook Pro
- Travel stipend for team off-sites
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients.
We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare, join us!