Role: Part Time Pelvic Floor Physical Therapist (PFPT)
Manager: VP of Clinic Operations
Tia is a full-stack women's healthcare business that builds products, tools and services to help every woman be her own patient advocate and get meaningfully better healthcare. Our latest product is the Tia Clinic — a "one-stop-shop" for female health with gynecology, primary care and wellness under one roof, and one health record. We’re putting the soul back in medicine, one patient and one provider at a time.
As a mission driven team, we’ve rallied so that patients & providers might be able to experience healthcare with greater satisfaction, less frustration & improved outcomes, which means not just upending operational models, care models and technology, but entirely redefining the emotional journey of each team member as we experience this journey together.
Read more about Tia: https://asktia.com/
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Part-Time (10-20 hours/week) Pelvic Floor Physical Therapist passionate about women’s health for Tia’s Los Angeles based clinical team. As Tia’s Pelvic Floor Physical Therapist (PFPT), you’ll play an exciting role in helping shape our new PFPT service line. At the core, you will be responsible for a patient’s journey in PFPT, from intake to exam, and through recommending a follow-on care plan to the patient.
You are an enthusiastic, collaborative, and experienced PFPT with interest in joining our diverse integrated clinical team team to help differentiate Tia’s offering in the market. This experience is an opportunity to help establish a new practice area within the infrastructure and support system of an existing clinic, and will offer you autonomy and independence balanced with a safety net and network of providers in other disciplines. This opportunity is especially exciting for someone who is interested in helping inform the PFPT program’s development at Tia through continued feedback and thought partnership.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to provide care to a diverse patient population with a variety of pelvic floor conditions, you will receive training and mentorship from a highly experience PFPT practitioner, you will have 60 minute one-on-one appointments with paid admin time built into your schedule, and you will have a flexible part-time work week pending your desired schedule, with the possibility to scale up to full-time in the future if desired. You will also have the opportunity to participate in Tia’s weekly integrated practice learning and development trainings on various interdisciplinary clinical topics.
- Part Time (10 - 20 hours /week) - contractor / temporary work possible if preferred
- Schedule: Primary preference for weekend availability, and Secondary preference for weekday evening availability
A bit about you:
Values and abilities you’ll bring to Tia:
- Effective working in a multidisciplinary setting
- Practice under Tia’s multiple tools in the toolkit philosophy, making use of the different modalities we have at Tia
- You’re motivated to elevate women’s care by bringing a collaborative and integrative approach to women’s health.
- You believe that each woman knows her body best, though she may need help interpreting what the signs mean. Your mission as a practitioner is to help your clients understand those signs and develop robust, multi-faceted treatment plans to reach health goals, partnering with allopathic medical practitioners to achieve optimum health for all of your clients. You practice this by being a true partner on a patient’s health journey, never dogmatic, rigid or glued to institutions.
- You’re facile with technology and interested in using this technology to support high quality clinical care.
- You are a tolerant and inclusive thinker. You believe in sex-positive, no judgement and radically inclusive healthcare for every person, and espouse these values in your everyday life.
- Demonstrate compassion and composure under pressure
- Working well with relative independence and autonomy
- Manage varying patient load and patient demands
- Flexible to an ever-changing change and fast paced start-up environment
- Openness to mentorship and ability to learn on the fly
- Integrity and confidence in your practice
- You thrive in collaborating with fellow practitioners to drive the best outcomes for your patients
Skills and assets you’ll bring to Tia:
- At least 1-2 years of experience working as a Physical Therapist (PT), ideally with a focus on PFPT, though we will consider new grads if they have completed a full time internship or residency in pelvic floor.
- Strong manual and orthopedic physical therapy skills
- Ability to gain trust and comfort of patient, with respect for obtaining upfront and continued patient consent during exam
- Conducting effective patient assessments to correctly identify pertinent diagnoses, and develop appropriate care plan to address them
- Conducting internal and external pelvic exams
- Active license to practice Physical Therapy in the state of California
- You’re authorized to work in the US
Other “nice to have” skills and assets:
- Highly preferred: prior pelvic floor experience, completion of level 1-3 APTA or Herman & Wallace courses
- As an organization that seeks to create an environment for all women to feel safe, heard, recognized and avowed in their health, bodies and lives, we are consistently seeking practitioners with backgrounds that are meaningfully different from those already forming our team. You bring a diverse background, a range of care experiences in different communities or various modalities.
- Uphold the Tia mission statement & guiding principles of excellent, available, compassionate and holistic medical care
- Cover all baseline care “bases” -- effectively communicating with patients pre or post appointment as needed, execute on patient follow ups and close loop seamlessly and in time-effective manner
- Ensure high patient satisfaction but with a regard for the highest clinical quality
- Understand and support a multiple tools in the toolkit approach
- Work with Tia’s Care Coordinations to ensure scheduling and Patient adherence to ongoing follow-up appointments with Patients as needed
- Escalating clinical concerns to VP of Clinic Operations or others when necessary
- Don’t be afraid to escalate or seek guidance on medical concerns
- Ensure that when gaps or questions arise, they are communicated and followed up on through the appropriate channels
- Be an internal partner to helping establish the new Pelvic Floor PT service line at Tia
- Help participate in synthesizing key patient feedback on their experience during PFPT pilot
- Assist with decision-making on PFPT full-time program design
- Work across disciplines to train and support other providers on the value of pelvic floor physical therapy for patients and understanding when they should recommend PFPT to their patients
- Maintain licensure and appropriate re-certifications
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Tia training and mentorship opportunities
- 60 minute one-on-one appointments with paid admin time built into your schedule
- Market competitive salary
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.