Role Title: Interior Designer
Manager: Head of Design
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Role Summary: As the Interior Designer you will design new clinics through FF&E to close out, working closely with Tia’s Head of Design and the Development team. You have a background in architecture and interior design and will be responsible for systematic material, color, fabric, furniture, fixture, paint, and styling selections. You will create, maintain, and nurture relationships with design partners, ensuring clinic designs are highly functional and highly-considered branded experiences. You are proactive in delivering creative solutions, creative in the face of changing conditions, and adept at developing design standards for Tia clinic interior design at scale. You are enthusiastic and passionate about overhauling outdated healthcare norms, and building a new version of healthcare for women — whole health, whole life.
Tia Company values you “spike” on:
- Make something that people want
- Achieve excellence, with regard to impact over effort
- Act as a pack, not a lone wolf
- Insist on diversity
- Find joy and gratitude every day
- Teamwork centric but with respect for top-down directives when necessary
- Ownership mentality
- Appreciation for a high quality function-first, brand-building design approach
- Highly knowledgeable of design trends, materials, furniture, and industry advancements
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Clear communication style - directive and straight-forward, not dramatic or passive
- Ability to balance quality, with quantity, availability, and speed
- Extremely good at prioritization, even when multitasking
- Time management
- Holding people, organizations accountable
- Highly organized
- Incredibly high bar for excellence
- Proven ability to learn from mistakes, ability to reflect
- Motivates others, despite changing expectations
- Strong design sensibilitiesTech-minded
- Proficiency in MS/Google Suite, and Smartsheets
- Working knowledge of Autocad, Revit, SketchUp, Adobe Suites and other design modeling/drafting software
- Architecture or Interior Design degree strongly preferred
- Background in designing for health, fitness, or workspaces strongly preferred
- Problem perception + escalation
- Excellent craftsmanship with strong attention to detail
- Timeline management / deadline delivery
- Budget management
- Knowledgeable of the interior design industry and up to date on the ever-changing trends
- Design for creating systems and standards
- Thrive in a start-up environment and be comfortable with change and ambiguity
1) Design FF&E for Tia Clinics
- Make thoughtful selections for furniture, finishes, equipment, and styling.
- Make sure selections stay within the overall budget, and consider pricing of selections to maximize budget impact.
- Define and execute and build brand standards that are accessible and aspirational, NOT premium or luxe.
- Work closely with Tia providers and employees to understand their needs.
- Create spaces that are uniquely Tia.
2) Create a scalable system for Tia Clinics FF&E to scale to 15+ clinics per year
- Utilizing system selections from Alda Ly Architecture’s team, and Tia’s design standards as much as possible, and continue building on existing standards to develop a scalable procurement approach to clinic design.
- Ensure appropriate levels of “localization” are accounted for in design to build a “local” feel that balances with national or large chain selections to optimize for price and operations.
- Continue building, expanding, adding to, and pushing Tia Clinic standard design package.
3) Build bridges between the Development Team and the Design team to ensure Tia Clinics design remains on-brand throughout construction and close out
- Actively and effectively communicate with teammates early and often
- Adhere to timelines, budgets, and constraints
- Raise flags and quickly sprint to seek solutions to problems when they occur.
- Communicate with stakeholders and bring them into the problem solving tactics for input before problems become worse.
- Work closely with the Head of Design and the Design Project Manager to create a Tia clinic design process that creates Clinic designs that are clinically sound, on-brand, and deeply thoughtful experiences that meet and exceed the needs of all their users.
- Unlimited vacation
- Free Tia membership
- Competitive stock option package
- $300 one-time WFH stipend
- $50/month phone and internet reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k program (no matching at this time)
- Top of the line 13” Macbook Pro
- Travel stipend for team off-sites
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare, join us!