Tia is a full-stack women's healthcare business that builds products, tools and services to help every woman be her own patient advocate and get meaningfully better healthcare. Our latest product is the Tia Clinic — a "one-stop-shop" for female health with gynecology, primary care and wellness under one roof, and one health record. We’re putting the soul back in medicine, one patient and one provider at a time.
As a mission driven team, we’ve rallied so that patients & providers might be able to experience healthcare with greater satisfaction, less frustration & improved outcomes, which means not just upending operational models, care models and technology, but entirely redefining the emotional journey of each team member as we experience this journey together.
Read more about Tia’s:
- Products: https://asktia.com/article/what-is-product-at-tia
- Services: https://asktia.com/
- Care principles: https://www.asktia.com/care-philosophy/
About the role:
We’re looking for a 32 hour/week Nurse Practitioner with strong primary care skills who is passionate about providing comprehensive and integrative care for women at Tia’s Los Angeles (Silverlake) location!
As a Nurse Practitioner at Tia you’ll be the backbone of the care delivery system. Your clinical expertise related to providing full spectrum and affirming primary care will be an integral part of our clinical team in Los Angeles.
Nurse Practitioners are integral to the formation and iteration of our technology development and care model. In addition to your clinical role, you’ll have an opportunity to shape the Tia care model and improve our technology tools. You’ll collaborate with our product & engineering teams to share insights and feedback.
A bit about you:
Values and abilities you’ll bring to Tia:
- You’re motivated to elevate women’s care by bringing a shared-decision making approach to women’s health.
- You believe that each woman knows her body best, though she may need help interpreting what the signs mean. Your mission as a woman’s healthcare provider is to help your patients understand those signs and develop robust, multi-faceted treatment plans to reach health goals. You practice this by being a true partner on a patient’s health journey, never dogmatic, rigid or glued to institutions.
- You are an incredibly good question-asker & prober, this allows you to identify nuances of a patient's life that could be pertinent to their story. You’re like a detective -- but you do this with an elegance that makes the patient feel at ease divulging life secrets.
- You’re facile with technology and interested in the process of developing new technology to support high quality clinical care..
- You’re data driven and consistently incorporate new and evolving research into your day-to-day practice
- You’re a high functioning multi-tasker who has an incredible ability to stay calm and focused under pressure - this is a given - you are a NP after all!
- You are a tolerant and inclusive thinker. You believe in sex-positive, no judgement and radically inclusive healthcare for every person, and espouse these values in your everyday life.
Skills and assets you’ll bring to Tia:
- You’re a board certified Nurse Practitioner (family nurse practitioner preferred), in the state of California, with an unrestricted license, able to provide primary care with compassion and empathy
- You’re adept at providing primary care services including: hypertension management, diabetes management, urgent care concerns (coughs, sore throat, abdominal pain, etc), basic dermatological condition management, STD screens, UTI & Vaginal infections consults, Pelvic Pain, Vaginal Bleeding, Birth Control counseling and Annual Exams and Pap Smears.
- You’re highly tech savvy
- You’re willing to work evenings + weekends as needed by schedule. This position requires 1-2 Saturday shifts per month.
- You’re authorized to work in the US
Other “nice to have” skills:
- You have procedural skills to perform: IUD insertions, nexplanon insertion and colposcopies or a desire to learn.
- As an organization that seeks to create an environment for all women to feel safe, heard, recognized and avowed in their health, bodies and lives, we are consistently seeking providers with backgrounds that are meaningfully different from those already forming our team. You bring a diverse background, a range of care experiences in different communities or various modalities.
- Formal professional training in the following areas is highly valued: care delivery for women who have experienced trauma including having a lived experience of abuse, decision making support for low-income women, care delivery for LGBTQ identified folks, care delivery for immigrant or migrant or english-as-a-second-language support populations.
- A strong understanding of & interest in chronic stress and trauma as it relates to health is a plus.
- Experience or formal training weaving integrative medicine practices into your care plan development.
- Contracted with major payers (BCBS / Anthem, Cigna, Aetna, United)
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary
- Annual CEU stipend
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid holidays, robust vacation, and sick leave
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.