Tia was born from the realization that the healthcare system is missing just that: a system enabling health & wellbeing. Tia is the answer to the dehumanizing experiences that women of all backgrounds face navigating the healthcare system. We are rethinking the model of healthcare from the ground up – really asking: what does it mean to have a relationship with your care provider? What does it mean to think about your health every day? How can we get back to the basics and also leverage the cutting edge research in women’s preventive care? Tia is the answer to these questions. Tia is a whole new, distinctly female model of care.
We are on a mission to enable every female to achieve their own definition of optimal health through science-backed information, access to high-quality care, and community.
We opened our first clinic in 2019 in NYC, with more to follow in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Phoenix this year. Combining virtual and in-person visits, an unwavering commitment to care and accessibility, substantial growth capital and an incredible mission, Tia is poised for rapid growth over the coming years and is building out a world class team to support this expansion.
Our company values
- Health and Wellbeing: We believe that health & wellbeing is a fundamental human need and right. In order to carry out our mission and improve the health of our patients, we prioritize the health & wellbeing of our employees and their families.
- Compassion: We believe that compassion is as important as information and care itself. We value compassionate care, leadership, and communication.
- Individual Agency: We believe that every person possesses individual agency and a
- responsibility to enact it for the betterment of themselves and others. We encourage our patients to make their own healthcare choices and our employees to call out problems wherever they see them and advocate for solutions.
- Collaboration: We believe that collaboration engenders creativity and outsized impact more than hyper-specialized or individualistic approaches to solving problems. We value collaboration between patients and providers, and between our employees, in order to foster different perspectives, experiences, and skill sets.
- Aspirational Thinking: We believe that aspirational thinking leads to higher quality work,freeing us from complacency and mediocrity and enabling transformative outcomes — in the exam room and the board room. We encourage our employees to think through problems and reach for solutions that raise the bar.
Role Title: Director, Human Resources Business Partner, Clinic
Manager: VP of People
Location: New York or Los Angeles (Remote-First with 30-50% Travel required)
Role Summary: As a Director, Human Resources Business Partner for Tia’s Clinical Operations you will work side by side with our clinical teams to support Tia’s mission to help every woman to achieve optimal health as defined by herself. Tia is in growth mode, which means we require a Director, HR Business Partner who will build world-class HR processes to support our clinical teams.
This position requires expertise in process development and implementation, organizational development and change management. Ideally, you’ll have previous experience supporting everyone from VPs to first level managers in a Clinical setting (think healthcare, dentistry or health technology). You’ve supported employees across multiple sites seeking guidance on a wide range of topics - anything from benefits or policy questions to escalated employee relations issues. As the Senior Human Resources Business Partner, you’ll play a critical leadership role by building tools to support the full spectrum of the talent life-cycle. You will be viewed as a leader and expert in all functional areas of Human Resources Management due to your previous experience. Due to the complexity of this role 3-5 years of experience in Human Resources or People Operations is required. Preference will be given to those candidates who have previous experience in a healthcare environment or health technology company.
- Insist on diversity
- Be compassionate
- Ask why. Then why, again
- Act as a pact, not as a lone wolf
- Achieve excellence, with regard to impact over effort
- Culture warrior
- Creative problem-solving
- Process-oriented thinking
- Ability to “keep the design in mind” when operating
- Detail oriented
- Extremely good at prioritization
- Excellent time management
- Ability to manage and communicate up
- Probing deeper into whys
- Well developed data analytics skills including us of Google Sheets and MSExcel to develop reports and dashboards
- Knowledge of and skill in working cross functionally to educate on state employment laws
- Depth of knowledge and proven skill in key HR areas including: employment/labor standards for state and federal laws, benefits and leave of absence administration, and workplace accommodations
- Excellent people skills and can manage up as well as cross-functionally
- Skilled at working with a complex, high growth environment
1. Work with leaders to develop an HR strategy for clinical operations. You’ll align deliverables with the strategy inclusive of external perspectives and strategic people-management decision making.
- Work alongside VP of Clinical Operations and Director, Talent Acquisition to define clinic growth plans and associate talent acquisition and onboarding strategy
- Works alongside the Head of Learning and Development to develop and execute employee onboarding including the handover between Talent Acquisition and the Hiring Manager, and executive of the onboarding plan.
- Marshal analytics and metrics to help inform decision making and to build and develop programs and processes.
- Act as a culture champion and develop and implement diversity, inclusion and equity initiatives for Tia’s Clinical Operations.
2. Lead the development and implementation ofprogressive talent strategies that build a high-performing, diverse, inclusive and equitable environment
- Lead the development of critical clinic HR policies such as vacation, travel, reimbursement, benefits, and others
- Thoughtfully assist in planning the implementation of these policies in relation to the company scaling in size.
- Ensure all employees are properly trained on policies and that documentation is accessible + updated when required
- Develops processes to effectively manage onboarding, offboarding, performance management, promotion and compensation and benefit administration with the support of the PeopleOps Coordinator.
3. Manage the talent lifecycle for the Clinical Organization including performance management, career path planning, and employee relations
- Develop a deep understanding of the Clinical organization by spending time in clinics. Keep your finger on the pulse of priorities, strengths, and areas of challenge.
- Support the VP of Clinical Operations to define structures and launch teams needed to unlock greater efficiency, focus, and ability to consistently deliver the “Tia Sparkle”
- Work alongside the VP, People to develop Tia’s Compensation program, career ladders and performance management frameworks.
- Influence leaders as they make talent decisions while incorporating your understanding of TIa’s business goals, principles and values.
4. Lead excellence of end-to-end HR and HR operations business processes flows ensuring upstream and downstream impacts within and outside of the functional area are robust and well understood
- Lead the development of a sustainable system for provider enrollment life cycle administration from credentialing, licensing, malpractice, to payer enrollment, etc.
- Ensure all policies remain active
- As new providers onboard ensure that that they are added to Tia’s Umbrella malpractice policy
- Manage and file Company & Individual Provider COIs in GDrive folders and provide access to appropriate individuals
- Review applications for completeness, flag missing information and signatures before sending the pre-populated applications to the providers for completion.
- Track and follow up on a timely basis to ensure completion of application process and work with VP of Revenue Cycle to submit applications
5. Cultivate the Tia Clinics working environment and culture to be one that is inclusive, supportive and authentically manifests Tia’s values.
- Work closely with Head of Learning to develop management capability and to support top talent for opportunities to be a successor for critical roles
- Identify skills gaps and work alongside the Head of Learning and Development to plan customized training content against these gaps.
- Embed best practices into day-to-day operations by coaching leaders and managers on how to motivate, engage and retain teams
- Oversees and manages quality of onboarding and offboarding process to obtain valuable feedback to improve programs and provide key trends to senior leadership
- Work alongside VP, People to develop and run evaluation programs of employee satisfaction & retention for Clinical Operations
- Support VP of People, CEO and other company execs in operationalizing efforts around the DEI programs
- Unlimited vacation
- Free Tia membership
- Competitive stock option package
- $300 one-time WFH stipend
- $50/month phone and internet reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k program (no matching at this time)
- Top of the line 13” Macbook Pro
- Travel stipend for team off-sites
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients.We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare, join us!