Role Title: Service Line Product Manager - Tia Whole Health Exam
Manager: Head of Care Innovation Product
From early days we’ve recognized that in order to build differentiated products in healthcare, we need to marry technology, operations and programming / businessline thinking together. Today, Tia’s Care Innovation Product team designs & builds care delivery products that uphold Tia's clinical model. The team is made up of PMs overseeing servicelines (such as mental health and acupuncture). This team partners closely with the clinical operations teams to ensure that we’re effectively designing and delivering value for our two core users: our patients and our providers.
Often referred to as our “canonical service line,” the Tia Whole Health Exam fuses the annual primary care, gynecology exam & mental health check-in, all into one cohesive experience. Almost every member's first Tia experience is the Whole Health Exam. We use a robust questionnaire to get an in-depth picture of a patients well-being across 9 core health factors to identify any vulnerabilities and generate a personalized Care Plan. Find out more about Tia’s Whole Health Exam here
As the PM of Tia’s Whole Health Exam, you will set the product strategy to achieve topline business and mission goals. Your core role revolves around deeply understanding your user, developing a product strategy that marries user needs and Tia mission / business needs, and then building, measuring, and evolving the Tia Whole Health Exam.
As a Service Line PM, your deployment team is the clinical operations and virtual operations team. You work with these teams to “deploy” your product strategy, vision and operating model. Different from a Tech PM, your focus is on managing people to deliver the product experience that is envisioned. A core element of this role is managing large teams of people, measuring and managing to excellence, and breeding consistency across large ops teams. Additionally, much of what you will do will require you to integrate with the Care Teams to ensure protocols meet product requirements and experience standards. While clinicians will not directly report into you, you will liaise with them constantly.
At the get go:
- Join the Tia product development team and jump into the work of owning, designing, iterating and managing Tia’s Whole Health Exam
- Help the product team solidify its role across the organization -- delivering on the vision of a uniquely differentiated product team at Tia
- As a PM, your core job is to make something that people want, you’re obsessive about knowing the user, understanding the user needs and love the creative problem solving of stitching together product requirements, end-state desired design, user desire, resource capacity and constraints, and timing
- PM’s are at the forefront of defining the frontiers of our business, they’re looking for wys to expand revenue, service line, retention, loyalty. This means being creative, being on the pulse of the user and thinking creatively / out of the box about meeting their needs -- they’re always willing to experiment always, despite the possibility of failure
- A PM’s job is to constantly figure out the best way to get the MVP into the user’s hands as quickly as possible and then find a pathway to build ontop of that to iterate, improve and deliver more and more value -- therefore they must be obsessive with the game of being driven to achieve excellence, but with a regard of effort over impact.
- As the main liaison towards bringing our care model virtual, you need to deeply value the philosophy Tia incarnates towards women’s care-- the integrative model (multiple tools in the tool kit) and collaborative decision making between the patient and provider.
- Sociological -- At a time when the delivery of medicine is drastically changing, and when how humans use online / offline services is also evolving, this person needs to really be able to synthesize trends and understand not just what the user wants today, but what they’re going to want in the future + how to be a “taste maker” for this product.
- Emotional -- this person will manage a big team, over time likely one of the largest people orgs at Tia. They need to be in tune with the vibe, culture, and emotional tenor of their team. They need to understand what makes their people tick to maximize outputs regardless of the tedious nature of the work.
- Execution mindset -- this is an operations heavy role, that will involve moving a ton of people towards initiatives / change management + performance / expectations management. In additional this is a role that will require much cross functional decision making -- this person much be execution and outcomes oriented, plotting against output targets to get stuff done and not allow their organization to get mired in the “bureaucracy”
- Experience in clinical setting or B.S/M.S in health related field
- 4-8 years work experience
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate goals, tactics, process, get buy in across orgs
- Proven track record of driving significant, company-wide impact
- Move quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment. No job is beneath you and you lead from the front.
- Analytics -- proficient in use of excel / google sheets, SQL, familiarity with Mixpanel, python, R, or stata a plus
- Understand the business goals, evaluate opportunities for products that can support the business in effectively achieving those goals
- Works with the executive team to both ingest and curate a company strategy based on market dynamics, product line performance, business needs, execution abilities, company vision & mission
- Works with the executive team to design and execute a product strategy that supports the company strategy
- Effectively work with in the company’s OKR process to generate the product roadmap that supports company’s mission and vision
- Develop and communicate a product roadmap outwardly to the team that supports the company mission + business goals -- generating buy-in for your products across the org
- Hold a crisp vision of the user & competitors, and ensure that the products ladder up to that user’s needs
- Conduct periodic user research sessions to evaluate user needs + create an ever evolving + current picture of user desires
- Perform market & competitive research to understand market trends that could implicate the evolution of the product strategy
- Find creative ways to harness more user insights and efficiently get closer to our users
- Ensure the entire company is able to “hold our user” in their minds through effective education mechanisms on both the product line and the user
- Evaluate & effectively communicate product performance to stakeholders
- Run dashboards to measure the success / performance of your products
- Run product feedback focus groups with users to collect qualitative feedback
- Develop reports on whether the products are achieving higher level goals
- Iterate product roadmap based on product performance
- Ensure that stakeholders are getting effective and adequate transparency into the product performance
- Use metrics as a way to build buy in for product strategy iteration and buy in
- Ensure that metrics are used to inform product and company strategy
- Manage partner teams to deliver against product strategy
- Liaise between and effectively partner with your core product operationalizers to bring your product to fruition -- in this role those people are the care coordinators, care team, clinical operations teams.
- Effectively leverage the finance / biz ops, brand, design and marketing functions to bring your product strategy to fruition
- Use the OKR and KPI processes to drive cross functional decision and process implementation
- Deliver documentation to design and eng to enable their work streams (PRDs, Product specs, briefs, content + research)
- Ensure that people remain ‘on the same page’ through the oft-long and complex process of product development
- Run product launch processes + work with marketing to launch products
- Partner with marketing to launch new product lines, drive product utilization and brand build with our user
- Work within the marketing process to deliver product launch requirements to the team and partner with them to ensure strategy effectively “hits the mark” on the product positioning and message
- Ensure the team is appropriately educated on the user and market landscape for the product line
- Work with VP clinical operations, other PMs and the CPOO to design an effective process for running service-oriented product development at Tia
- Leverage learnings from the digital PM process and from operations learnings in historical Tia days to design and implement a strong product development process that effectively integrates into the OKR / KPI ops process at the company level
- Unlimited vacation
- Free Tia membership
- Competitive stock option package
- $300 one-time WFH stipend
- $50/month phone and internet reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k program (no matching at this time)
- Top of the line 13” Macbook Pro
- Travel stipend for team off-sites
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare, join us!