Role Title: Gynecology Clinical Lead, Phoenix
Description: Full-time clinical role
Manager: SVP, Medical Affairs
Role Summary: As the Gynecology clinical lead of Tia in Phoenix your role is to deliver exceptional clinical care in line with the Tia care model which employs an integrative approach to whole person women’s healthcare. You will serve as a clinical resource for other clinical team members and leadership in the Phoenixmarket within your areas of expertise as well as assisting with referrals to other sub-specialists when needed. In this role your time will be spent: providing direct patient care and serving as a core resource and consultant for gynecologic patient issues. You will be using the Tia tools and care model and work constructively with Tia team members with feedback and input on evolving systems and processes. You will be a Tia brand ambassador. You are responsible for recommending and supporting practices that uphold care quality standards and deliver excellent patient care as it relates to gynecology. You are supporting compliance efforts with local and national quality of care standards, documentation requirements, and delivering the best possible care. You will serve as the chief gynecologist at the Phoenix site anticipated to open in 2021. You will work with the local clinic operational leads and the system Tia leadership to create a seamless and excellent patient care encounter for Tia patients as it relates to gynecology services. You will work with other site clinical directors, the SVP of Medical Affairs, the Vice President of Clinical Operations to optimize clinical services at Tia, explore new service lines and work to ensure best care delivery of the Tia care model at your site to support growth in women’s health services, particularly as it relates to OB/gyn services. While the Tia clinics will not be delivering obstetrical care at this time, your expertise will be utilized in exploring options on how to establish services that best support the pregnant Tia patient. You will partner with the other clinicians at the site (including primary care, acupuncture, mental health, and nutrition support) to deliver comprehensive care to the Tia patients and as an integrative team. You will grow with the organization, requiring flexibility in work flows and responsibilities to respond to changes in external and internal conditions, clinical demands, and growing needs of the organization and our patients.
- Achieve excellence
- Ask why, then why again
- Use the tools in the Tia tool kit: integrating new research, integrative approaches to care and evidenced based practice into management and treatment decisions.
- Engage in shared decision-making with patients
- Integrity in patient care
- Holistic patient care
- Personalized care
- Insist on diversity
- Be compassionate
- Excellent problem perception
- Highly process oriented
- Flexibility / adaptability in a start-up environment
- Integrate non-standard approaches into clinical practice
- Work with and motivate non-clinical personnel
- Rally the troops through dynamic and changing environments
- Keep the design in mind while making decisions
- Escalate care concerns effectively
- Holding people accountable
- Clear communication
- Excellent client service orientation
- Deliver patient-centric care
- Completed formal medical training, ideally with experience in women’s care with an integrative practice approach
- Licensed and trained in Gynecology in the state of CA (MD or DO) and in good standing in the medical community, including hospital-affiliated systems.
- Comfort and experience with Obstetrics a plus.
- Maintains active privileges at our affiliated hospitals in the region and/or other hospitals deemed appropriate by Tia
- Familiarity with regulations and requirements for care providers
- Willingness to collaborate, train, and/or support nurse practitioners and/or other clinicians in delivering best care within their scope of practice
Serve as a clinical leader at the Tia Phoenix clinic and driving towards excellence in creating an integrative women’s health care practice with gynecology
- Deliver patient care within the required scope of practice, ensure that the proper providers and training are in place to support any expansion in scope of practice (both from a skill and bandwidth perspective)
- Ensure that the service line and support staff are in place to deliver the designated scope of practice
- Support and lead call coverage arrangements as necessary to maintain 24/7 call coverage
- Maintain required licensure and hospital privileges
- Work with the Tia teams to ensure you are properly credentialed with payers and licensing agencies
- Maintain or be in process to obtain Board certification in your specialty
- Lead or participate in the research and community education efforts around integrative medicine
- Qualify for and maintain adequate malpractice insurance coverage for care given to any Tia patient
Practice within the Tia Care wholistic women’s health care model at the Phoenix clinic, and motivate the other Tia team members to do so
- Embody the Tia clinical model in practice at the Clinic
- Ensure all members of the team have the requisite training to not only deliver care up to clinical quality standards, but that also incorporates the Tia Care model
- Effectively integrate new elements of the Tia Care model that are being testing into the Tia system
- Use Tia tech platforms and documentation systems to optimize communication and supports appropriate billing
- Participate in lunch and learns sessions at Tia, hosting some didactic sessions on your own area of expertise as well as participating in others
Participate with the Tia management framework
- Collaborate with the clinical talent at the Phoenix clinic and its supporting telemedicine services. Participate meaningfully in recruitment of Phoenix site personnel and Tia employees-- nurse practitioners, adjunct care providers and medical assistants.
- Ensure that clinical processes are documented and that team members practice appropriate Tia documentation and care practices.
- Assist with clinical team member training, evaluations and give and receive feedback at regular intervals
- Appropriately engage, collaborate and/or supervise Tia nurse practitioners as required by current state mandates.
Ensure an excellent patient experience while balancing clinical requirements
- See any and all patients requiring care and; deliver an amazing experience
- Effectively handle escalations to leadership relating to patient satisfaction or clinical issues that need escalation
Effectively escalates issue at the clinic to the appropriate leadership when necessary
- Reports on technology performance giving constructive feedback to the technology team— helping to dive into issues that are impacting practice.
- Reports to Tia and site clinic leadership on operational or clinical model issues
- Reports to the SVP of Medical Affairs on issues relating to care quality concerns among care providers from the PHX site
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary plus performance-based bonuses.
- Annual CME stipend
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.