Tia is the next generation women’s healthcare platform bringing empathy and innovation together to help women thrive. Our ecosystem of products, tools and services — from the Tia app to the Tia Clinics, the real-world gynecology & wellness practices in NYC, LA, and more coming soon — are connected by a unique, human-centered approach to care. Tia encourages honest and transparent conversations about patients’ health, both with their care team and their community of members, to help women make independent and informed healthcare decisions with confidence and ease.
As a fast-growing, cross-functional team, Tia’s core values include:
- Health & Wellbeing
- Individual Agency
- Aspirational Thinking
Details of the Role
- Type of Work: Full-time
- Location: Remote (USA only - No sponsorship at this time)
At Tia we believe that if you want to fix healthcare you have to fix it for patients and providers. Our responsibility is to ensure both patient and provider safety and accessibility.
You will be the first security engineer hired at Tia and will be reporting to the Head of Security. You will cover a wide range of responsibilities involving IT and Security but have the autonomy to make a significant impact to Tia’s security culture, processes and tools.
- You have 4+ years of Corporate IT experience with at least 1+ years of implementing security controls on end user devices
- You have experience managing macOS devices for remote employees
- You have experience building out policies with MDM tools (we use Jamf)
- You have experience deploying software to end user devices
- Your enjoy collaborating with external teams and stakeholders, their success is your success
- You’re passionate about building automated tasks to help efficiency
- You don’t dwell on mistakes, you own them and use them as opportunities to to learn and grow from
- You demonstrate strong debugging skills because you’re curious and seek to develop mastery of your tools and the system in which you’re building
- No matter how large, small, complex, or mundane the task, you follow through to the best of your ability and persevere through challenges
What You’ll Do:
- Own and manage our MDM program
- Own and manage our EPP/EDR program
- Own and manage our access request processes
- Improve onboarding and asset management processes
- Debug and investigate security violations for end user devices
- Build a patch management program for end user devices
Best Parts of the Job:
- You’ll work with a small team that encourages you to learn new things
- You’ll have a wide scope of responsibilities and make impactful change
- You’ll use creativity to solve novel problems and be encouraged to learn new technologies to meet our business goals
- You’ll have an experienced technical manager who deeply cares about your performance and career growth
Worst Parts of the Job
- You’ll have to work with different time zones and environments, such as our engineer team and clinical team
- You’ll spend time helping other team members debug or fix device issues
- You’ll be on a small team and you will be solely responsible for the programs you own
- Unlimited vacation
- Free Tia membership
- WFH stipend
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare - join us!