Role: Psychiatry at Tia, part time advisory position
Read more about Tia:
- Products: https://asktia.com/app/
- Services: https://asktia.com/
- Care principles: https://www.asktia.com/principles/
Manager: SVP, Medical Affairs
About the role: A mix of clinical collaboration and administrative duties. You will be an available resource to our full time psychiatric nurse practitioner that will be your primary liaison with Tia. You will also be a resource to the clinical leadership at Tia in designing and developing the mental health program at Tia. We anticipate evolving supervisory and administrative duties as we grow into new markets and expand mental health services.
As the psychiatrist of a transformative health-tech company that delivers holistic, integrative health care to women, you’ll be the advisor of the care delivery system for mental health services for the Tia patient. You will be a subject matter expert and resource to our medical providers as they pertain to mental health. You will collaborate with our psychiatric nurse practitioner on best practices around medication management and quality oversight of the management of the mental health program. You will advise the Tia leadership overall on mental health services at Tia, establishing and ensuring appropriate medication management protocols to collaborating with market partners on delivering clinical care. You will advise on quality reporting and performance as it relates to mental health care at Tia.. You may be asked to participate in the evaluations and/or recruitment of a team of Tia mental health care professionals. You will also work cross-functionally with the gyn and primary care team to provide integrated whole person care which may include education sessions or sharing relevant updates in the field of psychiatry.
You may be asked for input on our technology development cycles to shape the much needed technology in women’s healthcare. You’ll collaborate with our product & engineering teams to share insights and feedback and participate in the development of education tools for both patients and providers.
Tia Company values you “spike” on:
- Body literacy
- Integrity and confidence in your practice of psychiatry
- Holistic women’s care
- Be compassionate
- Be driven to achieve excellence
- Synthesize large and disparate amounts of clinical data to reach a solution
- Demonstrate compassion and composure under pressure
- Practice under Tia’s multiple tools in the toolkit philosophy, making use of the different modalities we have at Tia.
- Availability during normal work hours to the Nurse practitioner
- Collaborative and transparent communications
- Flexible to an ever-changing and fast paced start-up environment
- Adaptability in an ever changing start-up environment
- An active medical license in California and/or New York (preferably both) with agreement to apply in multiple states
- Completed training in psychiatry and are Board Certified in psychiatry, or board eligible with plans to be certified.
- You believe in delivering mental health therapy in a compassionate and holistic model as part of a wellness plan
- You can collaborate with other Tia professionals and help them create a comprehensive and coherent care plan and help them deliver quality care
- You’re facile with technology, comfortable and (ideally) experienced providing high quality care digitally via teletherapy and interested in the process of developing new technology to support the highest quality care.
- You’re adept at providing mental health services that support women’s health including: sexual assault/trauma, realtionships, use disorders, bereavement, gender or sexual identity, depression, anxiety, eating disorders, postpartum depression.
- Managerial and leadership skills
Other important details:
- You have a valid, unlimited license to practice in New York or California (preferably both)
- You’re authorized to work in the US
- You’ve never been convicted for an act in violation of any law or ordinance other than traffic offenses
- You’ve never had a state or professional license suspended or revoked
- Tia is an equal opportunity employer
- Able to qualify and maintain appropriate malpractice coverage (through Tia)
- Act as resource to and collaborate with the psychiatric nurse practitioner
- Assist in effort to establish appropriate support and collaboration for medication management for mental health
- Help establish guidelines and protocols for delivery of mental health services at Tia, including but not limited to defining when best care demands referrals vs. in house therapies.
- Uphold the Tia mission statement & guiding principles of excellent, available, compassionate and holistic medical care
- Ensure high patient satisfaction with a regard for the highest clinical quality
- Be flexible in collaborating with the nurse practitioner with occasional “urgent” check ins requiring a same day connection.
- Support the practice of holistic care
- Understand and practice under a multiple tools in the toolkit approach
- Use the Tia tools to deliver patient care in the ways that you are trained to do so
- Escalating clinical concerns or ideas to the Clinical Innovation Council and/or clinical leaders when necessary
- Don’t be afraid to escalate or seek guidance on concerns within the mental health department
- Ensure that when gaps or questions arise, they are communicated and followed up on through the appropriate channels
- Act as an advisor of the mental health offerings at Tia
- Work to ensure that all providers are practicing at Tia standards
- Ensure that issues relating to patient care, process or training are elevated to the appropriate people
- Remain abreast of evolving research and clinical updates in women’s care as it pertains to mental health and ensure Tia’s care is inclusive of these updates and best practices.
- Maintain licensure and appropriate re-certifications
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare, join us!