Thyme Care is an oncology digital health start-up that’s focused on radically improving the cancer experience with early and ongoing intervention. We help patients, caregivers, clinicians, health plans, and employers by coordinating integrated care that leads to better results, lower costs, and aligned incentives. Every Thyme Care member is assigned a personalized team of physician-guided oncology nurses and resource specialists who provide education, guidance, and advocacy as they navigate the complex healthcare system. We facilitate quick access to quality resources and high-value care, coordinating directly with providers and offering support every step of the way. Our high-touch, tech-enabled model generates actionable insights that allow us to identify at-risk members earlier and offer them the most relevant support based on where they are in their cancer journey—closing gaps in care and eliminating excess spend.
At Thyme Care, we are building a care navigation platform for cancer patients. We currently sit at the intersection between patients, health plans, oncology providers, ACOs, and other value-based care organizations. Our ability to maximize our member’s experience, ensure a truly patient-centric approach, and grow the business depends on being able to interact with and engage patients in the confusing and complex time before they see an oncologist or have a confirmed cancer diagnosis, throughout their treatment journey, and into survivorship. To deliver this care in an exceptional way, we are looking to bring an experienced Medical Director to partner with our in-house Care team.
As Thyme Care’s Medical Director, it will be your mission to lead Thyme Care’s clinical work, supporting the care navigation of 1,000s of patients who are in the midst of a cancer diagnosis as well as support provider engagement, payer ROI analysis, business development, and strategic initiatives across the organization.
After 3 months you will…
- Get up to speed on Thyme Care, our executive team, our business, and our roadmap.
- Work closely with our Product, Market Operations, and Care teams to fully understand team functions and collaborate on highlighting the stories of the members we enroll and how we communicate them to members, payers, and providers.
- Become the true medical resource for our Care team. You’re able to field any medical question our team might ask to best care for our patients.
- Have begun to represent Thyme Care’s medical program to payers, collaborating with and interacting with our partners’ medical teams. You’ll lead engagements, deliver case presentations to the executive teams of the payers we partner with and help drive strategy around these engagements.
- Get to know our Data Science team and become our resident expert, helping inform the right questions to ask, answering medical questions about the data and giving the tech team the right context to make their analysis.
After 6 months you will…
- Identify, prioritize, and drive new initiatives to bring further value to patients, providers, and payer partners. This includes but is not limited to…
- Helping to craft strategic insights that shape the products and tools that will further help our Care team’s work with and support patients.
- Getting deep in the weeds of an ROI framework (with Thyme’s Growth, Care, Data, and Product teams), to help deliver the Thyme Care value prop to payer partners.
- Build and lead key relationships with payers and oncology practices. You’ve become the first person they call if they have a question about clinical case review, or any clinical inquiry once we have a signed partnership. You’re also the point person for escalations from medical directors on staff with our payer partners and oncologists on staff with our partnering oncology practices.
On a continuous basis you will…
- Work with Thyme Care’s Leadership team on new payer opportunity analyses, business development opportunities with current and potential payer partners, and network expansion of our oncology partnerships.
- Work closely with Thyme’s oncology practices and drive initiatives around quality improvement, benchmarking and change management.
- Provide clinical expertise and insight to Thyme Care’s data teams and help scope/drive/prioritize population health analyses. You’ll also be responsible for ensuring we capture patient experience + satisfaction.
- Work closely with our strategic initiatives team to provide insight and guidance as we develop and implement value-based and risk-based models.
WHAT LEADS TO SUCCESS
- An expert. You have real-world experience in an oncology practice with direct patient care. This is an absolute must. It’s a plus if you also have experience with palliative care, hospice, symptom management, and some oncology business exposure either within your practice or externally.
- Data chops. You understand the limitations, risks, and pitfalls with data and you still know what to do with it to help provide valuable insights at 2nd and 3rd levels of depth. You have a strong interest and willingness to dig into data and spend a lot of time with it and our tech team.
- Effective collaborator. You build rapport and great working relationships with senior leaders, colleagues, investors, and customers to drive business outcomes and patient results.
- Comfort with ambiguity. You are excited about the prospect of working within a scaling business, in a fast-paced environment, and startup. You understand that rapid changes to the business, strategy, organization, and priorities will be par for the course.
- Player/Coach. You may have built and developed a team. You’re never afraid to get your hands dirty, but you can take a step back and think through strategic opportunities and solutions from 30,000 feet.
- Bias to action. You’re a self-starter and don’t need anyone to tell you when to do something.
- Patient first. You’re personally motivated by our mission and by what we’re trying to build. You are naturally empathetic, and desire to understand problems and help people solve them, especially this one.
We recognize a history of inequality in healthcare. We’re here to challenge the status quo and create a culture of inclusion through the care we give and the company we build. We embrace and celebrate a diversity of perspectives in reflection of our members and the members we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.