Thyme Care is an oncology digital health start-up that’s focused on radically improving the cancer experience with early and ongoing intervention. We help patients, caregivers, clinicians, health plans, and employers by coordinating integrated care that leads to better results, lower costs, and aligned incentives. Every Thyme Care member is assigned a personalized team of physician-guided oncology nurses and resource specialists who provide education, guidance, and advocacy as they navigate the complex healthcare system. We facilitate quick access to quality resources and high-value care, coordinating directly with providers and offering support every step of the way. Our high-touch, tech-enabled model generates actionable insights that allow us to identify at-risk members earlier and offer them the most relevant support based on where they are in their cancer journey—closing gaps in care and eliminating excess spend.
Our team of passionate oncology experts - clinicians, technologists, and insurance specialists - is committed to improving the cancer experience for patients, their families and their providers. We are building an extraordinary product team to enable our patients’ success by creating world class technology solutions and services.
We’re looking for our first Product Designer to join our team, reporting into our VP of Product, to tackle complex problems that will enable our care team to support patients and their caregivers with the right information and resources at the right time during their care journey. You’ll work closely with our Product, Engineering, Data, Clinical, Care and Growth teams to help us iterate and launch world-class products. You’ll have the opportunity to solve design problems end-to-end, from initial concept through shipping and documentation. We’d expect you to lead design for our clinical workflow tool (Thyme Box) as well as continually champion and improve Thyme Care’s Design System. You’ll be building products for many audiences, including our internal care team, patients, providers, etc. and have the opportunity to shape Design at Thyme Care and influence our patient’s outcomes.
After three months you will:
- Clearly articulate what you do and how you can help our team. You’ve become part of the fabric of our care team and have conducted deep user research on their workflows, use of our core products, and actual experience. Through this, you've identified insights that have led to several ways you will iterate the design, operations, and experience of our workflow product, Thyme Box.
- Know the organization, our products, and our roadmap. You’ve inherited and fully own Thyme Care’s design system and have had the chance to iterate it as you see fit.
- You’ve been researching and prototyping how we might further scale our care team’s ability to support members, and have tested several ways to support that scale.
After 6 months you will...
- Perform user research and prototype our member facing tools. You’ll be working with our engineering team to implement those great designs, too.
- Help us define and articulate what makes our care experience good or bad. You will think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, design them in high fidelity, and partner with our care team, product, and engineering to make the future of our product tangible.
What leads to success:
- Expertise. You have deep experience in Service Design and User Research, that has influenced the way you approach Product Design. You’ve launched net-new products that speak to several different user groups in the health tech or in a similarly complex and regulated space. You know how to set vision and direction, and then can rally a team to execute it well.
- Strong translator. You can clearly explain technical ideas and concepts to non-technical teammates.
- Net-new development. You've designed and improved web applications and data products from the ground up. You can visualize ideas through wireframes, mockups, and prototypes; and you find creative solutions to tough problems.
- Humility and integrity. You listen first, act second. You build consensus by default, but can drive hard decisions when needed. You push the pace. You recognize that hard problems are solved by teams, not individuals. You say what you’ll do, and do what you say. You hold your team to this standard. You don’t let details slip.
- Comfort with ambiguity. You thrive living between the gap between what is and what could be. You have experience working on highly ambiguous problems, where solutions are developed via a rigorous and intellectually honest iterative process.
- A patient first approach. You’re personally motivated by our mission to create a better cancer journey for all and excited by the tech we are building. You have a passion for seeing your work in action to solve meaningful problems.
- Effective collaborator. You naturally create strong cross functional partnerships across technical and non technical teams. You’re absolutely comfortable working with folks who don’t share your background or expertise.
We recognize a history of inequality in healthcare. We’re here to challenge the status quo and create a culture of inclusion through the care we give and the company we build. We embrace and celebrate a diversity of perspectives in reflection of our members and the members we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.