Thyme Care is an oncology digital health start-up that’s focused on radically improving the cancer experience with early and ongoing intervention. We help patients, caregivers, clinicians, health plans, and employers by coordinating integrated care that leads to better results, lower costs, and aligned incentives. Every Thyme Care member is assigned a personalized team of physician-guided oncology nurses and resource specialists who provide education, guidance, and advocacy as they navigate the complex healthcare system. We facilitate quick access to quality resources and high-value care, coordinating directly with providers and offering support every step of the way. Our high-touch, tech-enabled model generates actionable insights that allow us to identify at-risk members earlier and offer them the most relevant support based on where they are in their cancer journey—closing gaps in care and eliminating excess spend.
Our team of passionate oncology experts - clinicians, technologists, and insurance specialists - is committed to improving the cancer experience for patients, their families and their providers. We are building an extraordinary technical team to enable our patients’ success by creating world class solutions and services.
As a back end engineer at Thyme Care, you will be part of a tech team of 10 that is scaling quickly. Your focus will be to build out new features and architecture that enables our nursing team to engage cancer patients with the right information at the right time.
After your first three months on the job you’ll have:
- Connected with and added to our collaborative, agile team, and learned our tech stack inside and out.
- Wrapped your head around our business model at a high level and the challenges that our care team face at a deep level
- Helped establish our technical culture as an early member of the engineering team by setting best practices and norms: This might include adding methods to plan and execute on our sprints or helping us pilot new and creative ways to brainstorm as a hybrid team. You’ll bring what’s worked best from your past experiences and integrate them with the team.
- Made key improvements to our intuitive, available, accurate, and secure web applications and all underlying infrastructure.
After six months you’ll have:
- Owned and led the release of multiple critical features and/or pieces of infrastructure.
- Worked closely with oncology leaders to help them solve quickly evolving business problems through creative, elegant technical solutions across our backend systems.
- Played a key role building the application that enables our oncology care team to efficiently connect patients to ancillary benefit programs and services.
- Helped to create a system that allows our care team to triage patient touch points using data from multiple sources.
- Built high quality, reliable products with a base ready to be scaled on.
What leads to success:
- Experience. You know how to deploy software engineering best practices: unit tests, code review, design documentation. It’s mission-critical that you have deep experience with Python, Ruby, Go, C, PHP, and Java. You are also familiar with cloud infrastructure platforms and serverless services.
- Net-new development. You've built and deployed successful web applications or services from the ground up.
- Curiosity. You have a drive to understand how things work and love sharing that knowledge with others.
- Comfort with ambiguity. You have a proven track record of success within scaling businesses, fast-paced environments, and ambitious startups. You know how to chart a course through ambiguous challenges.
- A patient first approach. You’re personally motivated by our mission to create a better cancer journey for all and excited by the tech we are building. You have a passion for seeing your work in action to solve meaningful problems.
We recognize a history of inequality in healthcare. We’re here to challenge the status quo and create a culture of inclusion through the care we give and the company we build. We embrace and celebrate a diversity of perspectives in reflection of our members and the members we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.