Thyme Care is an oncology digital health start-up that’s focused on radically improving the cancer experience with early and ongoing intervention. We help patients, caregivers, clinicians, health plans, and employers by coordinating integrated care that leads to better results, lower costs, and aligned incentives. Every Thyme Care member is assigned a personalized team of physician-guided oncology nurses and resource specialists who provide education, guidance, and advocacy as they navigate the complex healthcare system. We facilitate quick access to quality resources and high-value care, coordinating directly with providers and offering support every step of the way. Our high-touch, tech-enabled model generates actionable insights that allow us to identify at-risk members earlier and offer them the most relevant support based on where they are in their cancer journey—closing gaps in care and eliminating excess spend.
As a Care Partner, you will be on the frontlines serving patients diagnosed with cancer as their advocate and navigator throughout the continuum of care. This role reports into our VP of Clinical Operations and in it, you will spend a significant portion of your time each day listening to your patient’s needs, helping them surface their goals and priorities, and assisting their interactions with healthcare providers to enable them to make informed decisions and have access to the right care and resources at the right time. You will be a liaison and coordinator between your patients and those involved in their care: physicians, specialists, and the patient’s health insurance plan. As a Care Partner, you will be a strong advocate for your patients and ensure each one receives culturally-competent care. Additionally, you will consistently focus on improving Thyme Care’s service offerings and communicating feedback from patients and providers back to our leadership team.
After your first three months you will:
- Have completed training and have gotten up to speed on Thyme Care systems, tools, technology, partners, and the Care team.
- Have Begun contacting patients to inform them of Thyme Care’s services and ways we can support them as they begin their cancer care journey. You’re also building strong, trusting relationships with your patients, where listening and empathy are the foundation for every interaction you have with them.
- Be able to explain the benefits of Thyme Care’s program and services in such a way that both patients and caregivers understand how we can help them, at no cost to them, and enroll them in our program.
- Know where to go to help connect patients with financial grants, transportation, medical equipment, nutritional support, and any resource they need; you’re working with their healthcare providers and services and are helping coordinate appointments, diagnostics, and treatments.
After a year you will:
- Become an invaluable partner to our patients, guiding them to the right resources and information to support them throughout their care journey.
- You’ve helped the Thyme Care team improve our products and services in tangible ways by relaying real feedback from patients and providers back to our Product and Care teams. You are constantly on the lookout to improve effectiveness and quality of our work with patients.
What leads to success:
- Bilingual. For this role, you must speak Spanish fluently.
- A patient first approach. You’re personally motivated by our mission and by what we are building. You are empathetic, and desire to understand problems and help people solve them; especially this one. You’re passionate about assisting people and their families during one of the most challenging seasons in their lives.
- Expertise. Deep experience in service-oriented roles in relevant fields. This might be in healthcare, wellness, home healthcare, social work, counseling, community health, behavioral health, clinical call centers, spiritual care, life and career coaching, birth or end-of-life doula work, or caregiving.
- Effective listener and communicator. You are winsome and articulate, but you always start with listening and you hear what may not be voiced, because you listen so intently to others. You build rapport and great working relationships with patients and colleagues.
- Comfort with ambiguity. You have a proven track record of success within scaling businesses, fast-paced environments, and/or startups. You understand that rapid changes to the business, strategy, organization, and priorities is par for the course.
- A desire to learn how to use new technologies. We are a technology company focused on interacting with folks during the season where they need it most. Experience with video chatting, Google Suite, Slack, electronic health records or comfort with learning new software applications is important. Don’t worry if you don’t know how to use tools like the ones listed above yet, our team will be excited to help you learn.
- Bias to action. You’re a self-starter and don’t need anyone to tell you when to do something. You’re always solving problems and going the extra mile for others.
We recognize a history of inequality in health care. We’re here to challenge these systems with a culture of inclusion through the care we give and the company we build. We embrace and celebrate a diversity of perspectives in reflection of our members and the patients our products serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.