Where do we need help?
Thursday is a rapidly growing, digitally-native brand with plans to grow into one of the most respected names in e-commerce worldwide within the next 5-10 years. To accomplish this, we need a fearless e-commerce manager, creator, and innovator to join our team as the Head of E-commerce, with the experience and confidence to lead our team through the next phase of growth and beyond. You will play a key role in helping Thursday achieve its annual goals by growing digital strategy, optimization, and execution into a core competency.
What does the job entail?
- Drive growth on our dedicated website by consistently creating, planning, and executing winning digital strategies.
- Ensure all aspects of user experience, from load times to mobile layouts, are continually improved and meet or surpass customer expectations.
- Develop an obsessive user-centric vision to anticipate and solve customer problems and ensure every interaction results in a positive experience.
- Direct conversion rate optimization programs, including A/B testing and personalization, and manage project roadmaps to identify, prioritize, test, and implement creative solutions that improve usability, accessibility, and the overall shopping experience on our site.
- Leverage data analytics to identify and solve gaps in the user experience, measure the impact of changes, and learn more about our customer base and what content they find most relevant.
- Manage product merchandising strategy to ensure that the right products are promoted well, at the right time, and to the correct users on the website.
- Lead content and product performance optimization, and work with internal teams to ensure top-notch creative assets are generated and featured on the site, and to ensure all product assets are within season.
- Attract, hire, manage, and motivate a skilled internal e-commerce team made up of designers, developers, and other functions as needed.
- Develop an ambitious vision and strategy for growth that will inspire your team and help Thursday achieve its most ambitious goals.
What are we looking for?
- 5-7+ years experience in Digital Product Management/UX design (hands-on design experience preferred)
- 3+ years experience in managing people, teams, and projects
- Experience in CRO strategy required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; advanced degrees preferred
- Experience with e-commerce platform management required; experience with Shopify preferred
- Experience with A/B testing / personalization tools required; experience with Monetate preferred
- Experience with web analytics and related platforms a must; experience with Google Analytics preferred
- Development experience (HTML/CSS/JS) preferred
Who are you?
- Self-reliant, dependable, and able to think through problems independently
- Someone who thrives in a fast-changing, dynamic work environment
- Methodical in your goal-setting, confident in your decision making and honest in evaluating the quality of your work
- An excellent listener, who regularly takes and seeks feedback from team members
- Clear, direct, and timely in your communication
- Highly disciplined and logical in your thinking, with proven ability to set priorities and manage aggressive timelines
- Obsessively focused on providing best-in-class experiences to customers
- Extremely organized and able to keep track of small details
- A leader with a passion for mentoring and developing team members and their skills so that everyone can achieve their highest potential
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills who prioritizes results over ego
- Comfortable working with cross functional partners (up and down) in a highly collaborative manner
Who are we?
- One of the fastest-growing consumer goods companies in the US
- Intensely focused on creating the best quality products in the world
- Dedicated to working with the best suppliers under ethical conditions
- Ambitious, driven and focused on building a best-in-class company and brand
- Backed by some of the best investors in consumer retail
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Growth opportunities
- Health insurance
- Free product