Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Role
The Executive Producer is responsible for planning, facilitating and overseeing the execution of a high volume of world-class creative across media—web, native app, TV, print, event design, and much much more. You’ll collaborate directly with designers, writers, brand managers, photographers and video editors, and cross-functionally with our Marketing, Growth, Product and Support teams. To meet the challenge, you’ll lead a team of Creative Producers and scale our creative production bandwidth by onboarding and managing external/contract vendors.
- Manage the Brand Marketing team project plan and consistently follow up to ensure projects are on track.
- Lead a team of Creative Producers who will manage, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders and senior management. You celebrate wins and are an evangelist for the Brand Marketing team.
- Understand where each piece of the puzzle fits inside the bigger system. You can create sustainable and scalable solutions that consider the operative side of design.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal partners at Thumbtack and external vendors, establishing credibility across all workstreams.
- Devise ways to improve communication and processes within the Brand Marketing team, creating reusable processes to take projects from brief to production. You stay up-to-date with the latest tools to drive ever increasing efficiency in the workflow.
- Work with the Design, Writing and Photo Video teams to develop long term strategies to enable scalability.
- On-board and manage external vendor resources that help to periodically scale the team’s reach and output.
- Ensure all deliverables are meeting business partner expectations, including adherence to established timelines, budgets and legal requirements.
- Manage projects budgets, ensuring error-free, on-time, on-budget outcomes.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 8-10 yrs of relevant experience as chief of staff, executive producer, studio manager or marketing manager.
- Keeps cool under pressure. Protects team from burnout. Fosters strong relationships with key partners. Knows to say no. Solves problems.
- Strong understanding of tech, ability to work with creatives and engineers alike.
- Experienced people manager.
- Exceptional time manager, brilliant at resourcing, building project plans, driving execution
- Proven ability to manage contractors, vendors, setting up contracts and managing performance expectations, deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Key skills required:
- Results driven, strategic execution
- Calm under pressure. Able to juggle multiple projects while keeping composure. Builds strong relationships with partners. Able to compromise when possible, firm when necessary.
- Thinks about process in a systematic way. Sees the big picture and seeks to implement sustainable, scalable solutions.
- Can see both the destination and the path forward. Can break down a problem in it components and organize people to get to a solution.
- Depth of expertise
- Self-motivated and eager to learn and produce inside a fast-paced environment
- 8+ years in a print and digital production role, managing projects or teams
- Strong understanding of creative disciplines and what it takes to create great work.
- Digital Asset Management and/or archival experience a plus.
- An Inspiring Leader with an Affinity for Our Mission
- Capable of managing up, down, and across to achieve a common goal. Great mentor to the Creative Producer team.
- Unparalleled organizational and time management skills.
- Maintains an exemplary attention to detail when managing project planning efforts, scheduling and budgeting
- Good understanding of agency relationships and proven ability to maximize value from retained agencies/contractors
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment; relishes the opportunity to define work
- Passionate, mission-driven and inspiring brand advocate
- Highly results-oriented and driven
- Bold creative thinker; takes risk and challenges assumptions
- Event production experience a plus
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.