Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Customer and Pro Operations team
We are located in the Greater Salt Lake City Area where close to 300 talented individuals are working to assist our customers and pros to give them a great experience. Over the next year, we plan to grow and scale our team. We focus on prioritizing the most important work first. We are looking for customer obsessed team members who are engaged, innovative, and who will own the customer issue from start to finish. We will train you on skills that will empower you to help professionals build successful businesses, and customers complete the projects central to their lives.
- Consult and coach Thumbtack Professionals on how to market their business by solving their concerns and remove immediate roadblocks.
- Obsess over customers and professionals by constantly focusing on solutions and guiding professionals to maximize their engagement and experience with Thumbtack.
- Participate in projects that will continue to help the company innovate and drive effortless experiences.
- Continuously gather and communicate feedback about the customer, professional, and product.
- Contribute as a team member by engaging in team meetings, team building activities and to maintain Thumbtack culture
- 2+ years in a Customer Support role
- Excellent spoken and written English AND great listening skills
- Fast and accurate typing
- Strong problem solving skills and confident attitude to anticipate and resolve customer needs.
- Be able to sell the upside of how Thumbtack can build their business
- Comfortable navigating multiple systems and getting up to speed very quickly with all of our online tools
- Smart, honest, patient, and a great communicator
- Experience with Salesforce and Five9
- Experience working with small business owners.
- Working from home is an appealing option for you in the longer term
We offer a competitive salary plus benefits, as well as some of the excellent perks and flexibility that come with startup life.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in 1,000 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.