Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives — helping people plan their perfect wedding, families improve their homes, and small businesses grow and thrive. Thumbtack today has 1,100+ types of services, millions of customer requests, and hundreds of thousands of paying professionals. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
About the Customer Success Analytics and Reporting Team
Thumbtack’s Operations Analytics team is a tight-knit group charged with providing actionable insights for Thumbtack’s Customer and Pro Operations Team. We collaborate with various groups across the company on a wide variety of projects; everything from click-level data from our online HelpCenter, to call-level data from our customer success and sales team, to request- and quote-level data from our product database.
About the Role
As an Operations Analytics Intern, you’ll tackle high-impact projects to empower the various operations teams in Thumbtack’s Salt Lake City office. Interns work closely with members of the ops analytics team to dive deeply into Thumbtack’s most challenging problems, using data to guide decision makers. Interns may also collaborate with the Analytics, Engineering and Product teams in San Francisco on broader efforts where product and operations overlap, such as launching a new feature or providing data-driven feedback to streamline existing features. You’ll be expected to quickly build technical and content expertise about our platform, as well as the touch-points through which the operations teams interact with our pros and customers.
- Partner with Thumbtack Customer and Pro Operations teams (Pro Services, Support, Sales & Managed Accounts, Social Media, Marketplace Integrity, and Sourcing) to conduct in-depth quantitative analyses that inform strategic decisions
- Build and maintain reports, models, and visualizations which provide insight into users experiences and business performance
- Working toward a BA/BS degree, preferably in Economics, Statistics, Math, or Computer Science
- Ability to clearly present and display the results of a data analysis, both visually and verbally
- Knowledge of basic statistical concepts and experience analyzing large datasets
- Strong communicator with the ability to explain technical results without relying on technical jargon
- Ability (and desire) to learn new tools/programming languages quickly
- Initiative to formulate solutions to problems and ability to collaborate with team members in implementing those solutions
- Proficiency using SQL to query large datasets
- Experience with other statistics/programming languages (e.g., R, Python)
- Experience in regression analysis, A/B testing, forecasting
- Experience with BI dashboarding tools (e.g. Tableau, Domo)
More About Us
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done—from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 200,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in almost 1,100 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $275 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and Google Capital.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and .do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.