Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Recruiting Team
We’re a team of recruiters, recruiting coordinators, sourcers, and operations specialists who partner with every function of the business to drive the recruiting process at Thumbtack. Our mission is to engage, excite, and hire people who will achieve their career potential and contribute to the company’s success. We do this by identifying the right individuals for the right roles, assessing them rigorously and without bias, and inspiring them to become advocates of our business and values.
About the Role
We're looking for a seasoned Senior Recruiter to help build our San Francisco Product and Design teams. Our ideal candidate has successfully supported a high functioning recruiting team and is eager to take on the challenge of helping us to rapidly grow our company. We have extremely high recruiting standards with a focus on candidate experience at all stages of the recruiting cycle. As one of the first impressions for candidates, you are motivated to set a new standard for recruiting at Thumbtack and mentor those around you to match your performance. Most importantly, you will play a key role in partnering across the business on the best hiring, interviewing, and closing strategies.
- Partner effectively with Thumbtack’s product leaders to develop strategies, make critical decisions, and drive creative approaches for recruiting top talent across the product org.
- Act as a trusted advisor to senior leadership providing insights and recommendations on all things interviewing and recruiting.
- Utilize existing tools to source and discover creative ways to engage candidates.
- Work closely with interview teams to create and exceptional candidate interview process and experience.
- 6+ years of technical or non-technical recruiting in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Proven experience and knowledge of sourcing and attracting top tier passive talent
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional ability to manage internal client relationships, leveraging strong consultative skills and an emphasis on tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to function autonomously as well as in a team environment.
- High sense of urgency
- Proven organizational skills with high attention to detail and the ability to prioritize.
- Experience working in a data-driven recruiting environment with the ability to track and understand key metrics (conversion rates, etc).
- Proficiency with Greenhouse ATS
- Experience at a growth-stage tech company
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in 1,000 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.