Thumbtack’s dynamic marketplace is helping millions of people accomplish important, personal projects in their lives. We are looking to build an amazing mobile experience for hundreds of thousands of users. Can you imagine what you might do if you could run your business from your phone? If you could hire a service provider at any time day or night with just a few taps? The sky's the limit.
Thumbtack invests heavily in responsive web design and fast, elegant mobile experiences. We've seen this investment pay off incredibly. However, we think we can do better with a fully native experience.
We are looking for our first Android engineers to lead the development of both our Consumer and Service Pro applications. These engineers will also continually improve both apps by designing and implementing new client-facing features. Our ideal candidate has a history of shipping quality Android applications.
- Passionate Android engineer who is comfortable building, testing, releasing, and maintaining Android applications
- Experience developing Java Applications and/or knowledge of Android SDK.
- History of shipping consumer apps that users love
- Excited by the potential of mobile technology to transform the lives of small businesses around the country
- Strong eye for beautiful design and user experience
- Great communicator; we find that people who are good writers tend to be great thinkers and great coders
- Experience with Android UI design
- GitHub, show what you’ve owned!
- Dedication to thorough testing and creating high-quality software
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience developing scalable server-side software running under Linux/Unix
- Experience providing streaming media direct to consumers
- BA/BS or better in Computer Science or a related field
Please visit www.thumbtack.com/jobs to return back to our careers page.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.