Here at Thumbtack, we’re building the easiest way for people to hire local professionals for projects big and small. From house painting to personal training and everything in between, we match customers to the right pros for all of life’s projects.
We are looking to build an amazing mobile experience for hundreds of thousands of users. Can you imagine what you might do if you could run your business from your phone? If you could hire a service provider at any time day or night with just a few taps? The sky's the limit. We invest heavily in responsive web design and fast, elegant mobile experiences. We've seen this investment pay off incredibly. However, we think we can do better with a fully native experience.
We are looking for our first Android engineers to lead the development of both our consumer and service pro applications. These engineers will also continually improve both apps by designing and implementing new client-facing features. Our ideal candidate has a history of shipping quality Android applications.
- Passionate Android engineer who is comfortable building, testing, releasing, and maintaining Android applications
- Experience developing Java Applications and/or knowledge of Android SDK
- History of shipping consumer apps that users love
- You’re active on GitHub and can show what you’ve owned
- Excited by the potential of mobile technology to transform the lives of small businesses around the country
- Strong eye for beautiful design and user experience
- Great communicator; we find that people who are good writers tend to be great thinkers and great coders
- You’re data-driven and dedicated to thorough testing to maintain high-quality software
More about us
Headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is helping millions of people tackle their to-do lists every day. By delivering custom, project-specific quotes from qualified and available professionals, we empower customers to select and hire the pro that’s right for them. And with a steady stream of new projects being started, independent professionals across all 50 states are able to grow and manage their businesses on their own terms.
You can learn more about some of the projects we've worked on over at thumbtack.com/engineering.
Please visit thumbtack.com/jobs to return to our careers page.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.