Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people's lives - helping people plan their perfect wedding, families improve their homes, and small businesses grow and thrive. Thumbtack today has 1,100+ types of services, millions of customer requests, and hundreds of thousands of paying professionals. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
Account Managers will support the Managed Accounts initiative. Managed Accounts generally have several employees and capacity to really add to services provider supply on Thumbtack. Most have several decision makers in adopting Thumbtack broadly across their organization. Once working with Thumbtack at the corporate level has been agreed to, the Account Managers work to assure the adoption of Thumbtack is a success and all decision makers within Managed Accounts are brought in. Account Managers are expected to meet goals while delivering the highest standard of integrity, quality and customer service to our clients. Account Managers will:
- Establish, manage, and maintain responsibilities between Thumbtack and Managed Accounts
- Onboard customers onto the Thumbtack platform by learning their quoting preferences, pricing and messaging, and creating tools that allow quoting to happen for them 24/7
- Supporting the Managed Accounts once they go live to improve the quality of quotes we send for them, help the pro to improve their profile and messaging, and contribute to their success on Thumbtack
- Be a strategic & trusted business thought partner with Managed Accounts pros
- Dive into the Managed Accounts team to help us build this service -- whether doing onboarding, coaching pros, creating reports, building relationships with the pros you support -- you'll join a collaborative environment where you'll learn new skills and help out on various sub-teams to help Managed Account Pros adopt Thumbtack as a major part of their marketing spend.
- Gain intimate understanding of each Pro's business including quote/pass criteria, service area, scheduling preferences, pricing, etc.
- Gain trust of Pro to help manage his/her business by following up regularly with actionable feedback that helps the Pro be increasingly successful on Thumbtack
- Help to build out pricing calculators and reporting in Sheets for each pro to facilitate quick and easy quoting by the team
- Build out and customize each Pro's quoting preferences specific to their business needs
- Help to enroll pros and support them to make sure we are quoting for them as they would like and helping them be successful
- Provide ongoing feedback and recommendations to proactively help the team to improve and refine the Managed Accounts playbook; epitomize company values of #go, #alwaysbeimproving, #reasonfromfirstprinciples and #makeeachotherbetter
- Play an active and important role in an initiative with huge potential impact for Thumbtack
- Maintain a real-time understanding of the competitive landscape to assist in determining win-based proposals and pricing
- Provide updates through reporting and documented conversations to stakeholders within the Managed Account that can be used for coaching the Pro toward success
- Work diligently to help each Pro and stakeholders within the organization understand that we really want to partner with them in their success
- Play a pivotal role in driving revenue to reach department goals
- Partner with accounts to expand their business and what expansion plans make sense for them throughout their journey (hiring more staff, using a call center, etc.)
- Be able to influence key stakeholders across large national organizations
- Use data to influence and support pros of varying levels of sophistication
- Be Strategic - Understand the importance of each interaction with your Pros and the ripple effect those interactions can have
- Proactive in anticipating challenges and quick to come up with ideas to resolve those challenges
- Comfortable giving direct feedback and directing the customer to a resolution
- Proactive worker in general - Part of the job is reactive in nature (quoting, answering calls, etc.), but a large part of it is proactively providing insights/ feedback, finding ways to improve the processes, and asking "what else can I do?"
- Excellent spoken and written English AND great listening skills
- Strong communicator - You must be in the habit of proactively communicating insights, progress, issues, etc.
- Business savvy and able to help business owners build their business
- Strong problem solving skills - You're resourceful and will know our product so well that you really understand what the customer needs; solution-oriented
- Very well-organized - Able to understand and document critical information for each pro so that we are able to quote on his/her behalf
- Ability to prioritize well
- Comfortable navigating multiple systems and getting up to speed very quickly with all of our online tools; also comfortable scrapping old methods to test or recommend new ones
- You have a positive, happy attitude that makes you want to delight our customers every day
- You're smart, honest and patient
- BA/BS Degree in related field
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Google Sheets and Slides
- Business-related coursework
- Willing to be flexible with your working hours (pros will occasionally have needs in odd hours and we will need to work to be reasonably responsive to them)
We offer a competitive wage plus benefits, as well as some of the excellent perks and flexibility that come with startup life.
More about Thumbtack
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done - from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 200,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in almost 1,100+ unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $275 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and CapitalG.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.