Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives - from house cleaners, to yoga instructors to general contractors, we’re helping small businesses grow and thrive. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
About the Studio Team
We’re a tight-knit and highly-collaborative team of designers, copywriters, photographers, and more who are tasked with owning and executing on the visual expression of our brand. We are positioned as Thumbtacks internal creative agency and we collaborate with a wide range of internal partners from customer and pro marketing, to editorial, brand, events, and more. We work on a wide variety of outputs, from email and web design, to print, radio, reports, and even televisions ads. No matter what the medium, our goal is to create high quality, compelling creative that elevates our brand.
About the Role
As a senior designer you will be responsible for concepting and executing marketing creative across web, email, print, and environmental design. We’re looking for an ambitious, resourceful and talented individual who can deliver on-brand, effective creative, lead and mentor junior designers, and effectively collaborate with a large and diverse marketing team.
- Partner closely with our Marketing Team to build our brand experience across multiple touch-points and multiple media
- Iterate on our design system for our external and internal communications
- Push and evolve the brand guidelines to be more inspiring and influential
- Work closely with fellow designers, writers, producers and strategists by giving and soliciting feedback in order to continually raise the bar for quality
- Create influential design presentations that are supported by well crafted and strategically sound design executions
- Present your work to a wide variety of stakeholders, from the CEO to managers, and improve your work based on feedback.
- Experience in in-house branding or brand consulting—logo design, email campaign creation, internal and external comms, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in visual design
- Solid portfolio with diverse projects and mediums from print to interactive
- Great attention to detail in typography, composition and craftsmanship
- Human-centric approach to design that is friendly, vibrant and approachable
- The belief that collaboration makes for a better product and culture
- Highly skilled in Sketch, Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator and Keynote
- You love to make.
- You love the details.
- You’re a problem solver to the core.
- You partner closely and effectively with other designers and non-designers alike.
- You have experience working in a variety of different mediums—from print to digital—and different scales—from a mobile screen to environmental graphics and signage.
- You value, advocate for, and create consistency across our Product and Marketing experiences—upholding brand and product guidelines and ensuring a holistic user experience.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in over 1,000 categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
- Learn more about our culture, benefits, and perks
- Learn more about engineering at Thumbtack
- Follow Thumbtack on LinkedIn
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.