Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives - from house cleaners, to yoga instructors to general contractors, we’re helping small businesses grow and thrive. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
About the Studio Team
We figure out how to make Thumbtack famous. Designers work with copywriters who work with photographers who work with everyone else in company. We do customer and pro marketing, editorial, brand, events and cover everything from emails to TV ads. Come join us. It’s fun.
About the Role
As a Brand/System designer you will be responsible for driving the development of brand design systems at scale. You will be tasked with evolving our email templates, iterating on our design systems and processes, hiring and managing external production design contractors as needed, and creating inspiring brand experiences. You will be mentoring more junior design team members, while also leading the charge on high-visibility projects for presentation to a variety of key business stakeholders. We’re looking for an ambitious, resourceful and talented individual who can deliver on-brand, effective creative, lead and mentor junior designers, and effectively collaborate with a large and diverse marketing team.
- Partner closely with our Marketing Team to build our brand experience across multiple touch-points and multiple media
- Iterate on our design system for our external and internal communications
- Push and evolve the brand guidelines to be more inspiring and influential
- Work closely with fellow designers, writers, producers and strategists by giving and soliciting feedback in order to continually raise the bar for quality
- Create influential design presentations that are supported by well crafted and strategically sound design executions
- Present your work to a wide variety of stakeholders, from the CEO to managers, and improve your work based on feedback.
- Experience in in-house branding or brand consulting— email campaign creation, internal and external comms, digital asset management
- 5+ years of experience in visual design
- Solid portfolio with diverse projects and mediums from print to interactive
- Great attention to detail in typography, composition and craftsmanship
- Human-centric approach to design that is friendly, vibrant and approachable
- The belief that collaboration makes for a better product and culture
- Highly skilled in Sketch, Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator and Keynote
- You love to design everything from web, to print pieces to interactive experiences.
- You make it your mission to develop systems to help everyone in the creative and marketing team do more work with less effort.
- You have the experience to influence the trajectory of the brand directly through the projects you work on, and you have successfully worked with other creatives to take projects from ideas to execution.
- As an instrumental member of the design group, you will help influence all brand and marketing projects, as well as, the product experience as a key collaborator.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in over 1,000 categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
- Learn more about our culture, benefits, and perks
- Learn more about engineering at Thumbtack
- Follow Thumbtack on LinkedIn
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.