Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people's lives - helping people plan their perfect wedding, families improve their homes, and small businesses grow and thrive. Thumbtack today has 1,100+ types of services, millions of customer requests, and hundreds of thousands of paying professionals. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
About the Trust & Safety and Reporting Team
We're looking for an incredible Trust & Safety Analytics Associate to help drive our efforts in building Thumbtack into the safest and most trusted marketplace for local services. You'll work closely with our Trust & Safety Ops and Product teams to help provide actionable insights to improve the integrity of our marketplace. We collaborate with various groups across the company on a wide variety of projects; everything from click-level data from our online HelpCenter, to call-level data from our Trust & Safety Ops team, to request-and quote--level data from our product database.
About the Role
As an Operations Analytics Associate, you'll empower the various operations teams in Thumbtack's Salt Lake City office to use data to guide business decisions. Associates also collaborate with the Analytics, Engineering and Product teams in San Francisco on broader efforts where product and operations overlap, such as launching a new feature or providing data-driven feedback to streamline existing features. You'll be expected to quickly build technical and content expertise about our platform, as well as the touch-points through which the operations teams interact with our pros and customers.
- Partner with Thumbtack Trust & Safety (Marketplace Integrity) to conduct in-depth quantitative analyses that guide strategic decisions
- Make recommendations based on detailed analysis and a deep understanding of our business
- Build and maintain reports, models, and visualizations which provide insight into users experiences and business performance
- Contribute to our team and company data culture through peer collaboration, training, coaching and more
- BA/BS Degree, preferably in Economics, Statistics, Math, or Computer Science
- Proficiency using SQL to query large datasets
- Sharp business judgement and the ability to see past the noise
- Strong communicator with the ability to explain technical results to a non-technical (and data savvy) audience
- 2+ years experience working in quantitative or analytical role, preferably in technology, consulting, or operations
- Experience with other statistics/programming languages (e.g., R, Python)
- Experience in statistics, regression analysis, A/B testing, forecasting
- Experience with BI dashboarding tools (e.g., Tableau, Domo)
More About Us
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done - from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 200,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in almost 1,100+ unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $275 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and CapitalG.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.