Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives - from house cleaners, to yoga instructors to general contractors, we’re helping small businesses grow and thrive. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
About the Recruiting Team
We’re a team of recruiters, recruiting coordinators, sourcers, and operations specialists who partner with every function of the business to drive the recruiting process at Thumbtack. Our mission is to engage, excite, and hire people who will achieve their career potential and contribute to the company’s success. We do this by identifying the right individuals for the right roles, assessing them rigorously and without bias, and inspiring them to become advocates of our business and values.
About the Role
We're looking for a Lead Technical Sourcer to help build our San Francisco engineering team. Our ideal candidate has successfully led sourcing efforts in support of a high functioning recruiting team and is eager to take on the challenge of helping us to rapidly grow our company. We have extremely high recruiting standards with a focus on candidate experience at all stages of the recruiting cycle. As one of the impressions to potential candidates, you are motivated to set a new standard for sourcing at Thumbtack and mentor those around you to match your performance. Most importantly, you are excited to experiment with new approaches to sourcing in collaboration with our Recruiting team.
- Support the recruiting team by building a pipeline of top talent through multiple sourcing channels
- Deliver against quarterly offers-accept target while balancing lead (management) responsibilities
- Lead a team of Engineering sourcers to ensure excellent performance and facilitate their professional development
- Work closely with hiring teams and recruiters to develop and execute on sourcing strategies for a variety of technical roles
- Engage and qualify technical candidates for relevant openings and assist them through the recruitment process
- Create and execute innovative sourcing strategies and recruiting campaigns to achieve hiring goals
- Develop a strong understanding of the recruiting process and recommend improvements
- Track the progress of leads/candidates with great attention to detail
- Represent the company with integrity and professionalism
- Regularly track and analyze pipeline and performance data to share with internal stakeholders
- Proven track record for successfully identifying and hiring exceptional candidates in high growth environments
- Recruiting management experience, with demonstrated leadership ability to develop employees and maximize process as well as individual and team performance
- Experience in creative sourcing through multiple channels (web, social/professional networks, etc.)
- Exceptional interviewing, communication, organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) - Greenhouse exposure ideal
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with recruiters, hiring managers, and candidates
- Adaptable and agile to navigate shifting priorities and thrive in a dynamic workplace
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in over 1,000 categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, Google Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.