Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives - from house cleaners, to yoga instructors to general contractors, we’re helping small businesses grow and thrive. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
We’re looking for an incredible Trust & Safety Manager to drive our efforts in building Thumbtack into the safest and most trusted marketplace for local services. You’ll work closely with our Director of Trust & Safety, product team, and customer support team to think through critical issues from the ground up and develop the policies and processes to promote trust on our platform.
About the Trust & Safety Team
The Trust and Safety team leverages technical, design, and operational solutions to promote trust on the Thumbtack platform. Our daily work involves designing operational processes, conducting data analyses, and engaging in policy discussions all with the guiding principle of ensuring positive experiences for our users.
About the Role
Thumbtack’s success is dependent on gaining and maintaining the trust of the customers and pros that use the platform. That is why we need analytical, strategically minded people like you.
- Work to solve complex problems with top-notch colleagues from Thumbtack’s product, engineering, customer support, marketing, and legal functions.
- Manage trust and safety issues for all online and offline customers. Develop strategies to mitigate risks to customers and Thumbtack.
- Manage, mentor and lead a team of 4-6 team members
- Work cross-functionally to develop operational processes, product features, and policies that promote trust & safety on the Thumbtack platform.
- Perform cost and benefit analyses and construct business cases for projects or features which will improve trust & safety on Thumbtack. Manage relationships with external vendors, including pricing, contract negotiation, and integration discussions.
- Provide judgment and guidance on resolution of escalated support issues.
- BA / BS degree required
- Proven operator with 4-7+ years experience working on solving complex problems.
- Top consulting or investment banking experience
- Prior Trust & Safety or Fraud experience at a sharing economy company, online marketplace or in financial services
- Experience managing and leading teams of 3+ professionals from strategy to execution
- Experience working cross-functionally with product, engineering and analytics teams to assess business needs and make process improvements
- Experience working with a range of teams in a fast-paced environment
- Incredible attention to detail and able to untangle complex problems
- Stellar analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excel, SQL
- JD, MBA, or other advanced degree
- Experience with other non-SQL languages
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in over 1,000 categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.