Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives - from house cleaners, to yoga instructors to general contractors, we’re helping small businesses grow and thrive. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
The Product Operations Manager will join a tight knit group of product experts who act as a liaison between the Product and our internal operational teams. We’re focused on the issues that affect our customers and work together with product managers and our marketing teams to drive upstream solutions into the product, shape product direction with user feedback, and ultimately help create a better user experience.
About the Product Operations Team
The Product Operations team manages the information cycle between the product and marketing teams and our operations groups. We ensure that operationally, Thumbtack is prepared for new launches and that the concerns of our professionals and customers are heard throughout the organization.
About the Role
Success is only possible if the entire information cycle is healthy, active, and all teams are engaged. That is why we need strategically minded and motivated people like you.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and Marketing teams to operationalize product launches
- Reason through complex problems that plague our customers and professionals and identify solutions to successfully address their concerns
- Create, prioritize, and manage multiple simultaneous projects at any given time
- Define and analyze operational measures and feedback that illustrate consumer impact of product launches
- Work with a team of product specialists to coordinate product launches and various projects
- Present post launch results to cross functional teams with varying disciplines and opinions
- BA/BS degree required
- 3+ years of work experience in a strategic, analytical and project role, preferably within a top consulting, startup and/or tech company
- 2+ years experience working with product managers, engineers, and operations
- Incredible attention to detail and able to untangle complex problems
- Ability to multi-task several projects and prioritize efforts
- Comfortable writing ad hoc SQL queries and perform deep dive analysis.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for Thumbtack and incorporating voice of the customer into the product roadmap
- Comfortable using project management software
- Experience working within a fast-moving technology company
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in over 1,000 categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.