Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Recruiting Team
We’re a team of recruiters, recruiting coordinators, sourcers, and operations specialists who partner with every function of the business to drive the recruiting process at Thumbtack. Our mission is to engage, excite, and hire people who will achieve their career potential and contribute to the company’s success. We do this by identifying the right individuals for the right roles, assessing them rigorously and without bias, and inspiring them to become advocates of our business and values.
About the Role
As Thumbtack continues to rapidly grow, we need an outstanding recruiting leader to partner with executive leadership to define and implement strategies that support our mission of building a world class team. Your charge is to be a committed champion for the Recruiting team, a role model and builder alongside the team. You’ll lead, manage, and develop the team for its next stage of growth. You love coaching and developing people, you’re not shy of hard work and building, and you’re proud of what you do. You’re enthusiastic about the company mission and about building something for the long haul. This is a fun role with a great team under you and opportunity to grow enormously.
- Champion the team and its continual growth and development
- Partner closely with hiring managers, executive team, VP People to ensure the team’s success
- Set an inspiring vision and strategy for team, define the future and rally the team against it
- Be a coach, who is seen as a mentor and manager to the team
- Recruit great talent onto the team, and help support them with their development and career growth.
- Take diversity recruiting to the next level.
- Lead the strategy and implementation of the next evolution of the employer brand.
- 8+ years of talent acquisition experience
- 4+ years of experience leading and growing talent strategy and teams
- Clear, structured communicator
- Inclusive and collaborative leadership approach
- Enthusiastic about Thumbtack’s mission
- Substantial history as hands on recruiter
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in 1,000 categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.