Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives — helping people plan their perfect wedding, families improve their homes, and small businesses grow and thrive. Thumbtack today has 1,100+ types of services, millions of customer requests, and hundreds of thousands of paying professionals. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
About the Recruiting Team
We’re a team of recruiters, recruiting coordinators, sourcers, and operations specialists who partner with every function of the business to drive the recruiting process at Thumbtack. Our mission is to engage, excite, and hire people who will achieve their career potential and contribute to the company’s success. We do this by identifying the right individuals for the right roles, assessing them rigorously and without bias, and inspiring them to become advocates of our business and values.
About the Role
As Thumbtack continues to rapidly grow, we need an outstanding recruiting leader to partner with executive leadership to define and implement strategies that support our mission of building a world class team. As the owner of hiring at Thumbtack, you’ll be tasked with ensuring that headcount targets are met while executing your longer-term strategic vision for the Recruiting Team. You are expected to achieve these goals by identifying and solving complex issues, growing and challenging your team members, and holding the Recruiting Team accountable to its stated goals.
- Hit hiring targets
- Fully accountability for the end-to-end recruiting function and process
- Assess, create and pivot the recruiting strategy based on changing business needs
- Build and/ or align systems, processes and the team to the strategy
- Flex between strategy and process-level details comfortably, leveraging both
- Identify and solve complex issues in real-time
- Track towards long-term strategic vision
- Inspire and motivate the team around the strategy (measure and track progress)
- Assess the skills and capabilities of the recruiting team against current and future need
- Coach, develop and up-skill team
- Build proactive flexibility/ resiliency into the recruiting team to adapt to changing business needs
- 8+ years of talent acquisition experience
- 4+ years of experience devising and leading talent strategy and teams
- Experience at a startup that has doubled in size (sustained 100% year-over-year growth)
- Quantitative approach to decision making
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with passion for data and process definition
- Experience developing and implementing strategies encompassing innovative sourcing and diverse pipelining
Note: You are expected to be a people leader first and demonstrate a commitment and passion for developing teams.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in over 1,000 categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.