Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives - from house cleaners, to yoga instructors to general contractors, we’re helping small businesses grow and thrive. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
About the Customer Marketing Team
The customer marketing team is charged with driving significant and sustainable growth for the business through finding and scaling big new growth channels, engaging deeply with our current customers, and partnering with product teams to help build an experience our customers love.
About the role
The Customer Retention Associate is charged with driving growth by developing and evolving our customer email, loyalty, and incentives strategy. They will work closely with our marketing, product, and creative teams to bring this vision to life.
- Design and coordinate email campaigns to be sent through Responsys (working closely with others on the customer marketing team to deploy them)
- Develop our incentive strategy, including the overall strategy, testing plan and financial impact model
- Own the customer segmentation and customer lifecycle strategy, including a loyalty program for our best customers
- Own the email optimization testing and iteration plan and serve as a liaison between the Analytics and Customer Retention teams
- 4+ years experience in B2C marketing, growth, analytics, consulting, or finance
- Ability to work cross functionally with marketing and product teams
- Strong analytical skillset, including proven ability in SQL
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for marketing that delivers large and measurable results for the business
- Highly analytical, structured thinking, aptitude for separating signal from noise
- Experience at a top tier consulting firm
- Experience building or managing a B2C email program at scale
- Experience in lifecycle marketing, engagement marketing, or CRM
- Experience at a high growth tech company
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in over 1,000 categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.