Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives — helping people plan their perfect wedding, families improve their homes, and small businesses grow and thrive. Thumbtack today has 1,100+ types of services, millions of customer requests, and hundreds of thousands of paying professionals. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
About the IT Team:
The Thumbtack IT team is looking for an exceptional IT Support Lead to manage and scale our Salt Lake City Help Desk and deliver world-class technical support. Our team is passionate about operational excellence, whether that’s process improvements, automating the hell out of things, or helping find that next amazing app for our internal teams. We understand that if we get this right, we can focus more of our attention on the things that matter to the business - namely innovation, scale, and being a trusted business partner. We strive to deliver the best IT experience our users have experienced. Ever.
About the Role:
You will be a hands-on technical leader, supervising the team and assisting our employees via walkups, support tickets, email and chat. You will oversee day-to-day IT support operations for the site working closely with Help Desk staff to: build and maintain documentation and tools, coordinate schedules, administer IT queues, lead initiatives and act as final escalation for critical issues. You understand office culture and the importance of maintaining great relationships with global customers, business partners and IT team members. You have a strong background in Mac, A/V and network troubleshooting. You must have excellent communications skills, a passion for technology and dedication to providing the best end user experience possible, mentoring others and driving best practices within the team.
- Troubleshoot and resolve advanced issues with hardware, software, applications & networking
- Provide timely resolution of problems and act as final escalation point for team and customers
- Coordinate and lead 12x7 support for critical IT systems and services
- Work cross-functionally and advocate for team across all groups and organization levels
- Lead IT-related projects and activities under the direction of IT leadership
- Implement and drive critical processes (incident/ticket/queue management, post-mortems)
- Maintain security standards (firewalls, patching, two-factor authentication, VPN, access)
- Manage relationships and costs for vendors and 3rd-party partners
- Assist with inventory budgeting, purchasing, approval and management to support operations
- Participate in recruiting, hiring, evaluating and developing team members
- Work with management to set team goals, lead staff to achieve results and be accountable for team performance
- 4-6 years of experience in IT Support or IT Operations in a professional environment
- 1+ years mentorship, supervisory or management experience
- Experience with support ticket and queue management
- Outstanding customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to make thoughtful proposals, provide root cause analysis and demonstrate results through testing and metrics
- A proven leader who is hardworking, learns quickly and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Extensive knowledge of Mac OS 10.10x, 10.11x, 10.12x, iOS and Android
- Strong network fundamentals and support experience: Wi-Fi, VPN, printing
- Knowledge of desktop security tools and best practices
- Familiar with common access/authentication systems and tools: Okta, AD, LDAP
- G Suite for Enterprise experience
- Knowledge of audio/video conferencing solutions and support
- Ability to be on-call and work outside of business hours during urgent or maintenance situations
- 20% travel within the region to support offices, projects and events
- Proven experience working as a member of a multi-office IT team
- Conference Room A/V Support and Live Event experience
- Knowledge of Mac systems administration concepts and tools
- Experience with Shoretel or other VOIP systems
- ACMT, Linux, Network+ or other relevant certifications
- A good sense of humor!
More About Us
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done—from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 200,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in 1,100+ unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $275 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and CapitalG.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.