A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Internal Tools Team
The Internal Tools team is made up of 3 groups -- IT Infrastructure & Operations, Business Applications, and Technical Program Management & Procurement. Together, we deliver trusted, scalable, secure services and infrastructure to empower Thumbtack employees with the tools they need to get work done. We partner with the business and own our platform of internal tools throughout their lifecycle -- intake, prioritization, buy/build, implementation, support, and retirement.
Financial Systems operates within that charter by working to optimize routine transactional activities and procurement/strategic sourcing processes. This is done in an environment of continuous improvement where stakeholders, TPM, and Procurement work together to develop and improve effective procurement processes and their supporting financial systems.
About the Role
Come help us continue to build the Financial Systems Administration function. As a Sr. Financial Systems Administrator at Thumbtack you’ll design, build, support, and optimize the applications, tools and services that support our Finance, Accounting and HR teams. You’ll collaborate with engineers, program managers, end users and leaders to execute projects, manage critical data, and implement and maintain integrations in our ecosystem.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implement, enhance and maintain highly-available, scalable applications and services
- Act as primary IT administrator for Coupa, support various other finance applications, and collaborate with other teams to build and manage integrations with different platforms / tools (e.g. Workday, Okta, Salesforce, data warehouses, etc.)
- Partner with teams across Thumbtack to drive financial systems strategy and direction, and to optimize tools and processes to scale for growth and efficiency
- Troubleshoot and resolve advanced technical issues and provide user support including after-hours for critical systems and process changes (incident management, month close)
- Lead technology projects to completion with a focus on delivering business value, leading through change, and fostering continuous improvement.
- Coordinate with Finance, Legal, IT, and Security to manage data, security, and legal governance processes and to maintain compliance with security standards (least-privilege access, patching, two-factor authentication, VPN)
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5+ years experience in a business and/or systems role
- Experienced administrator and manager of Coupa modules including Travel & Expense, Coupa Pay, Procure-to-Pay (P2P), virtual cards, and integrations with external systems (e.g. CLM, ERP, ELM, AP automation tools).
- Proven success implementing and maintaining one or more SaaS / Cloud financial systems (e.g. Workday Adaptive Planning, NetSuite, Salesforce CPQ, Concur, Tableau)
- Knows what it means to build high-quality, maintainable, scalable tools or applications -- and enjoys doing it
- Well versed in Procurement, Accounting, and HR business processes and Financial close, with the Financial ecosystems expertise to enable them (including system rules, workflows, formulas, sandboxes, integrations, and customization of all standard and custom objects)
- Uses excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to correct issues in real time, make thoughtful proposals, provide root cause analysis, and demonstrate results through testing and metrics
- A great teammate and partner who has outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, works well cross-functionally, and thrives in a fast-paced, virtual first environment
- Understanding of security and compliance practices and experience with SOX and PCI
- Experience administering Workday Adaptive Planning
- Experience supporting multiple legal/business entities and currencies
- Direct experience implementing financial, billing, and/or reporting solutions in SaaS tools
- Hands on experience with other technology platforms and tools including ERP, CRM, online payment processing, analytics, and survey tools
- Proficient understanding of code, writing the occasional script, and making queries in SQL or SOQL
- Experience with designing & creating summary and detail level reports for management; carry out ad hoc reporting
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and internet
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
- Cell Phone Reimbursement, Thumbtack services (North America only)
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.