A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Pricing Team
The goal of the Pricing team is to enable marketplace growth through pricing based on supply and demand, marketplace dynamics, and pro’s willingness to pay. The team builds tools and solutions to monetize various product lines at Thumbtack and communicate them to our pros. The team leverages Thumbtack's marketplace data and develops analytical and statistical models to set the prices and guidelines for all of the above transactions, while balancing the pro experience, customer experience, and Thumbtack’s marketplace dynamics.
Our challenges are deeply technical and span a wide range of domains from infrastructure, to data, to product. Examples of recent efforts include: building a pricing system for on demand jobs at Thumbtack, optimizing ML systems for pricing, or building a highly efficient, scalable simulation platform. To read more about the problems that our team is taking on, visit our engineering blog.
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers and product managers to execute on a broad range of projects. This could include building new features to improve the experience of our users, architecting infrastructure to support a fast-growing user base, or optimizing our marketplace mechanics to make better matches between customers and professionals
- Drive engineering projects to completion, with a tenacious focus on the business impact of those projects. Skilled at prioritizing tasks to deliver on goals with a sense of urgency.
- Solve tough technical problems at any level of the stack, and be persistent in getting to the solution, whether it involves front-end, back-end, or infrastructure work.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to plan and execute on engineering projects
- Minimum of 5+ years of industry experience in engineering.
- Fluent in at least one major programming language and would be able to switch between multiple languages. In our stack. We mainly use Go, Python, Php, with Swift, Kotlin and Java for our mobile apps.
- Solid experience building software on top of relational databases such as Postgres or MySQL.
- Write high quality, maintainable, testable code, and you enjoy doing it.
- Break down complex problems rigorously and understand the tradeoffs necessary to deliver great, impactful products.
- Curious, data-driven, and a critical problem solver.
- Experience building and maintaining reliable, performant distributed systems
- Owned and driven the development of complex projects or feature areas over the course of several months or years
- Experience using AWS and/or GCP and its suite of technologies such as DynamoDB, Elastic Beanstalk, etc
- Familiarity with the big data ecosystem (Hadoop/HDFS, Hive, Spark, etc).
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and internet
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
- Cell Phone Reimbursement, Thumbtack services (North America only)
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact email@example.com.