A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Product Team
Our product team is small but mighty. We partner with engineering, design, analytics and more to craft a marketplace that delivers over a billion dollars in business to our pros while helping millions of customers get their projects done each year.
Listen here for a Product Team Q&A with Director of Product Management, Alexis Baird.
About the Role
Homeownership is fraught with the stress of not knowing what to do, how to do it, and the cost of it all. Thumbtack’s vision is to give homeowners peace of mind by building the ultimate home management app that guides customers through their home ownership journey.
The Home Guidance team has one of the most exciting charters within Thumbtack’s product portfolio. You will lead an exceptional cross functional team in building the core home management experience. This role has extremely wide scope as we envision serving customers across use cases including seasonal maintenance, moving/home purchase, energy savings, and renovations/remodels. If successful, you will drive tremendous business impact by growing our customer lifetime value and delivering more jobs to pros.
- Lead an exceptional cross functional team to define the product strategy and roadmap for the app that customers will go to as the one place to manage their home
- Define and analyze key metrics to inform decision-making and measure success
- Evangelize the home care vision throughout Thumbtack
- Formulate clear hypothesis / identify key unknowns and run experiments / partner with User Research to validate and answer
- Coordinate within your team and among teams at Thumbtack to ensure understanding of and alignment around projects
- Wear many hats and be key organizational glue
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please do apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 5+ years of product management experience building consumer web/mobile products
- Strong product sense / business judgment and track record of driving impact
- Proven ability to collaborate with a wide range of cross functions
- Excellent analytical skills to break down and solve complex problems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience in the home vertical
- Experience working in a marketplace business
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and internet
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
- Cell Phone Reimbursement, Thumbtack services (North America only)
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.