A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Growth Marketing Team
The Growth Marketing team at Thumbtack is an important lever of growth for the company, responsible for acquiring and retaining pros and customers on Thumbtack via SEO, SEM, paid acquisition, and customer engagement channels. The Growth Marketing team is embedded in a larger highly cross-functional Growth org with Engineering, PM, and Analytics resources to help support its efforts.
About the Role
The Growth Marketing team is looking for a Growth Marketing Associate to help oversee our engagement marketing notifications across planning, execution, and reporting.
This role will need to operate cross-functionally with a variety of partners throughout the product development org, so our ideal candidate is very organized, adept at working with different teams and stakeholders, and able to prioritize work to manage time efficiently. No prior experience in lifecycle marketing is required, but an interest in learning more about lifecycle/engagement marketing is preferred.
- Build and execute marketing campaigns across email, push, and other marketing channels
- Facilitate testing/QA process with stakeholders for each campaign to ensure flawless execution
- Run A/B tests across campaigns to identify key levers of growth that we can scale across the program
- Analyze and report on the impact of engagement programs, using learnings to iterate and make improvements
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 1-3+ years of marketing experience, preferably in lifecycle/engagement marketing or marketing ops
- Experience working with ESPs and/or a marketing/engagement automation tool (Iterable or Pardot experience a plus)
- Ability to pick up new processes and technologies quickly
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Experience developing email templates using HTML and CSS
- Experience with data analytics
- Precise attention to detail
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and internet
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
- Cell Phone Reimbursement, Thumbtack services (North America only)
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact email@example.com.