A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Business Applications Team
We deliver trusted, scalable, secure services and infrastructure to empower Thumbtack employees with the tools they need to get work done. We partner with the business and own our platform of internal tools throughout their lifecycle -- intake, prioritization, buy/build, implementation, support and retirement.
About the Role
As a Lead Application Administrator at Thumbtack, you’ll focus on maintaining applications and tools which help our teams bring the Thumbtack vision to life. You’ll collaborate with other admins, product managers, end users and operations leaders to help lead the Admin team to execute a broad range of projects following a scalable architecture that you help create to make sure development in our applications maintain high standards.
- Monitor the health of the Salesforce org taking into account governor limits and scalability across multiple teams.
- Create and help shape standard conventions and deployment guidelines to ensure consistency and quality of work for other Salesforce admins.
- Drive technology projects to completion, with a tenacious focus on business impact to deliver on goals with a sense of urgency.
- Solve tough technical problems using first principles thinking.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to scope and execute projects.
- Design, implement, enhance and maintain applications, primarily on the Salesforce platform
- Administer other technology platforms / tools (Five9, Quiq, Heroku, Pardot, Salesforce Integrations) along with evaluating when it makes sense to implement a new tool or change out an existing one.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- You have a proven track record of success as a Salesforce Administrator with several years experience.
- You know what it means to build high-quality, maintainable, scalable tools or applications -- and you enjoy doing it.
- You can break down complex problems rigorously and understand the tradeoffs needed to deliver great, impactful tools and applications.
- You’re curious, you’re data-driven, you love to ask questions, and you think critically about problems.
- You’re comfortable communicating about your work with both technical and non-technical team members, including engineers, product managers, designers, analysts and end users.
- You have proven experience supporting Salesforce Service Cloud and Sales Cloud.
- You have experience as an Architect or are working towards becoming a Salesforce Architect and spend a large portion of your time helping design the overall org structure.
- You’ve worked with other technology platforms and tools including CRMs, contact centers, analytics tools, and survey tools.
- You love delivering value to your users and your teammates through your work.
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and internet
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
- Cell Phone Reimbursement, Thumbtack services (North America only)
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact email@example.com.