A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Growth Operations Team
We are a highly cross-functional team of passionate, strategic and analytical leaders. We are accountable for go-to-market tooling strategies, operational excellence, new process design and incentives. Our team delivers innovation through strategic thought leadership, utilizing best practices, analytical rigor, and excellence in project management.
About the Role
The Sr. Growth Operations Manager, Pro Acquisition is a people leader role responsible for leading and executing Pro acquisition strategies in a hyper-growth environment. In this role you will be responsible for discovering and driving scalable pro acquisition funnels end to end on the Pro-side of Thumbtack’s two-sided marketplace. Key deliverables are to define scalable processes, integrate technology, and deliver both quantity and quality of leads needed for Thumbtack sales teams.
- Leadership - Lead and mentor a team of operations analysts, managers and Philippines based specialists, lead cross-functional teams and meetings, provide updates to senior leadership
- Funnel Strategy - lead cross functional strategic initiatives to define, scale and improve the Pro Acquisition funnel
- Lead Sourcing - Manage day to day lead sourcing operations, discover and test new lead sources, scale lead volumes using technology, define and enable marketing funnel contributions, and meet the lead demands of a rapidly scaling sales team
- Operations - be the primary point of contact for sales leaders, lead efficiency and effectiveness initiatives to decrease customer acquisition cost (CAC), provide needed inputs into tooling strategy and roadmap
- Reporting - Own the sales reporting suite in Tableau, continually monitor sales productivity, identify leading trends early and take action, meet the information demands of sales leaders, drive proactive insights to the sales teams
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- BA/BS degree -- preferably in a business, marketing or technical related field
- 5+ years managing customer acquisition operations teams (Sales, Success or Revenue Operations related roles) with a proven track record of hiring, mentoring and leading high performing teams
- Expert level knowledge and experience in lead generation processes and tools
- Proficiency in SQL to query large datasets, manage datatables, and advanced analytics
- Proven project management experience in leading simultaneous go-to-market initiatives and while adapting and adjusting to multiple demands, shifting priorities and change
- Strong communicator with experience working across multiple levels of leadership
- Great attention to detail with the capability to appropriately define issues, questions, and data
- MBA, advanced technical certifications
- Experience in a high growth tech company and/or two-sided marketplace
- Experience creating, designing, and operationalizing acquisition funnels
- Previous intercontinental/offshore management experience
- Proficiency with tool such as Salesforce, Big Query, and Tableau and process improvement training like Kaizan, Six Sigma, Lean, etc.
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and internet
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
- Cell Phone Reimbursement, Thumbtack services (North America only)
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact email@example.com.