A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Customer Growth Team
The Customer Growth team is responsible for driving more customers to Thumbtack, assisting customers with project completion the first time, and engaging them to become repeat users. The team has 2 main pillars: Acquisition and Engagement. The Acquisition lane is focused on acquiring new customers for Thumbtack via channels such as SEO, optimizing the landing pages for customers on the website, promoting our native app acquisition and cross-sells, as well as developing new effective growth loops. The Engagement lane is focused on building features to help customers discover all of our product offerings, providing customers inspiration, guidance, and recommendations for starting and managing projects on Thumbtack, and powering smarter engagement marketing campaigns to regain and re-engage our customers.
Our team works from the top of the funnel which creates a challenge in terms of scale in both the number and variety of users. More specifically, it requires us to consider how we go about scaling and designing experiences for a wide range of users that we aren’t incredibly familiar with immediately. Many of the experiences that we build in our apps are to onboard, engage, and re-engage our users which requires consistent A/B tests in relation to their experiences.
- As an Android engineer, you’ll play a vital role in helping us build a fantastic product. You’ll join us in our mission to build an amazing mobile experience for millions of our users.
- Many of our products are developed on mobile first, you’ll have the opportunity to capture valuable insights.
- The sky is truly the limit as we work to help people manage everything home-related from a single platform.
- Minimum of 2 years of industry experience in engineering
- Passionate Android engineer who is an expert in building, testing, releasing, and maintaining Android applications
- History of shipping consumer focused apps that users love on the Play Store, you can show what you’ve owned
- Excited by the potential of mobile technology to transform the lives of small businesses around the country
- Experience with popular 3rd party libraries, frameworks, and services like RxJava, ButterKnife, AutoValue, Retrofit, Dagger, Crashlytics, and Amplitude
- Hands-on experience with Kotlin is a plus
- Strong eye for user oriented design and experience
- Familiarity with Material design principles and components
- You’re data-driven and dedicated to thorough testing to maintain high-quality software
Learn More About Us
Benefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services
- Cell phone and WiFi reimbursements
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.