We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7.5 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Revenue Operations Team
We are a team of passionate, analytical operators working everyday to drive scale, efficiency and insights across Partnerships, Sales, Success, Customer Service, Trust & Safety, and other core Thumbtack efforts. We work hand-in-hand with each of these teams and across Thumbtack, driving business plans, systems roadmaps, and proof-of-concepts, with a focus on driving significant scale, improved customer and pro outcomes, and efficiencies.
About the Role
Thumbtack is on a substantial growth trajectory and is making significant investments in Sales & Success, in integrating service reps into our marketplace at key touchpoints, in driving insights that make our product and experience better at scale, and in driving efficiencies and other improvements across our operations. As the VP of Revenue Operations, you will ensure we have the best tools and processes in place to maximize growth and efficiency through a strong operating rhythm, while also working collaboratively across the COO organization to create alignment and implement various strategic projects designed to drive revenue and insights at a rapidly growing company.
- Champion Sales and Success growth initiatives, and leverage insights and modeling to optimize the impact in each of these lanes of work.
- Champion new initiatives integrating service reps and automation into the marketplace to proactively and reactively connect with our customers to create more effective outcomes.
- Drive proof-of-concept initiatives and other analysis that lead to revenue growth and/or efficiencies across the teams.
- Build and drive process, change management, and operational efficiencies.
- Lead cross-team systems roadmaps, driving efficiencies across our functions.
- Leverage numerous data points across our operations to support the “voice of the customer and pro” internally, with an aim to optimize the experience on our platform.
- Lead, coach, and develop a high-performing team that is engaged and motivated to achieve Thumbtack's mission.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 10+ years experience in go-to-market and/or operations-oriented teams or in finance supporting such operations.
- 10+ years of people management experience, excellent leadership skills with the confidence to build, structure, lead and manage high performance teams.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, lead cross-functional efforts and influence decision making across all levels of the organization.
- Strong communicator with the ability to synthesize complex information.
- Data driven with experience managing P&Ls.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity combined with big-picture thinking and exceptional problem solving skills.
- Innate ability to stay in tune with, and take advantage of emerging technology trends and platforms that can support our operational endeavors.
- Experience in a high growth tech company and/or two-sided marketplace
- Has run P&L’s through a period of high growth and investment
- Broad understanding of Sales, Success, and Operations
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.