We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7.5 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Service & Support Team
The Service & Support Team helps our pros provide a great experience to their customers, build customer loyalty, and grow their business. As frontline advocates, our team creates service experiences that live up to our service promise to be fast, reliable, and helpful.
About the Role
As a Sr. Manager, you will lead our Service & Support team here in the Philippines as they build strong teams, improve efficiency, drive revenue, and create an elite service experience. You will be responsible for the management and development of a team of people leaders ensuring that they receive the coaching and development they need to build strong teams of their own.
- Provide people leadership to the Service & Support Team and as part of the overall Support Operations leadership team
- Partner closely with global key stakeholders to assess business needs, make process improvements in Service & Support operations, communicate best practices, set goals, and surface problem areas.
- Train, mentor, develop, and reward managers and ensure they are doing the same for their employees
- Maintain excellent knowledge of Thumbtack’s products and services
- Monitor the productivity and quality of manager and agent performance through reporting and data analysis
- Ensure all work is in compliance with company values and regulations including following state legislation
- Participate in company and department initiatives that drive business growth
- Continuously look for areas of improvement and communicate trends to the appropriate parties
- Make independent and insightful decisions keeping the customer and company needs in mind
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- At least 10 years of people leadership experience in operations management, driving results and process improvement in large (100+ FTE) team environments; held a leadership position in a customer service role
- A stellar communicator with the ability to build relationships with team members and customers from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to persistently and appropriately persuade and push people to perform
- Ability to think, plan and act from vision strategy through execution
- A successful track record working in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Customer-centric, allowing you to maintain a high level of customer focus in a variety of complicated situations while equally considering the customer, employee, and company needs
- Proven history of cross-functional leadership to design and execute on strategic initiatives
- Proven track record of collaborating cross-functionally and communicating effectively with internal stakeholders across multiple levels of seniority
- Familiarity with WFM concepts and tools
- Familiarity with Quality and CSAT/NPS analytics
- Good understanding of program financials
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.