We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7.5 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the People Team
Our People Team is at the forefront of building a world-class virtual first company and being a leader on Future of Work. Our People team believes in the power of our people. We craft an employee experience that starts with hiring incredible people, investing in their career development and providing a holistic approach to benefits and wellness.
About the Role
As Thumbtack scales and the People Team matures, you’ll work to define how we do that in the most effective, scalable, compliant and employee-centric way possible. You will own core Compensation analytics deliverables and participate in the application of the resulting conclusion to the practice of compensation management at Thumbtack. You will work in close partnership with total reward management, who are responsible for ensuring Thumbtack is educated about Compensation philosophy, programs and policies, and that employees, managers and other key stakeholders receive top notch support. You'll partner with key stakeholders such as Finance, Recruiting, and HRBP to ensure that we are aligned analytically.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and help inform, influence, support, and execute our business decisions
- Participate in research, development, and administration of a compensation program that matches Thumbtack’s needs
- Build and maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics, and monitor the integrity and validity of the data reported
- Analyze trends in compensation market and build intelligence through reporting
- Responsible for compensation survey participation and analysis
- Responsible for conducting market reviews and determining recommendations
- Provide support as needed on creation of Compensation Committee materials
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 5+ years of strong analytical experience
- Ability to perform well within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment that requires working on multiple projects at once, without compromising quality and service levels
- Demonstrated ability to partner and collaborate with cross-functional teams and multiple business stakeholders
- Strong problem solving skills required to research, analyze and troubleshoot data, process and workflow issues and the initiative to take action and surface existing gaps
- Fully proficient in Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience in Excel, including experience building analyses and models
- BS/BA in Economics, Finance, Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- Knowledge of VBA, as it relates to Excel and its object model, or programming/scripting experience
- Compensation consulting experience is desirable
- Experience in other Analytical functions
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.