We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7.5 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Partnerships Team
Our team charter is to create a symbiotic partner ecosystem that drives net new, high intent Homeowners to Thumbtack with jobs to be done. We will also encourage the best in class Pros in the Homeservice space to build out their profiles on our platform by expanding where and how Thumbtack can create value by putting our experience on complementary sites/platforms, integrating into existing workflows, and leveraging third-party offerings to enhance Thumbtack engagement.
About the Role
As a Senior Manager of Partner Operations, you’ll lead cross-functional teams to identify new opportunities for customer delight, build pilot infrastructures to test these hypotheses, and drive the P&L of each experiment through the scaling phase. You’ll play an integral part in designing, implementing, and continuously improving processes, systems, and playbooks that our Operational teams will use on a daily basis to differentiate our customers’ experiences.
- Lead a team that executes and scales various initiatives in the Partnerships portfolio
- Collaborate with Senior Director of Partnerships on Strategy and Execution, as well as cross-functional partners in Operations, Sales, Marketing, and Product
- Conduct research and market sizing to support the evaluation and prioritization of new business opportunities
- Make practical recommendations that drive increased performance of Operational teams by gathering feedback and analyzing data
- Work with analytics to create and refine management dashboards and KPIs
- Interface with technical project management on systems, tools, and technical roadmaps
- Understand and share out important comprehension and customer trends to improve our product and customer experiences
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 4-6 years in a highly analytical and relevant field such as management consulting, investment banking, or internal strategy and/or business operations experience at a technology company
- Comfort with adapting and adjusting to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and ambiguity
- Proficient in analytical tools such as SQL, Excel, Tableau
- Experience building and scaling processes within an organization
- Proven history of cross-functional leadership to design and execute on strategic initiatives
- A strong team player who embodies our corporate values
- Proven track record of collaborating cross-functionally and communicating effectively with internal stakeholders across multiple levels of seniority
- 2-4 years of direct people management experience
- Experience navigating customer centric, product driven organizations (with a preference for SaaS or marketplace startups)
- Experience managing customers directly, or working within customer-facing organizations
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.