A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Product Team
Our product team is small but mighty. We partner with engineering, design, analytics and more to craft a marketplace that delivers over a billion dollars in business to our pros while helping millions of customers get their projects done each year.
Listen here for a Product Team Q&A with Director of Product Management, Alexis Baird.
About the Role
Do you want to work in a highly collaborative environment to reinvent how a large piece of the local economy works? We’re looking for a product manager to partner with engineers and designers to develop great solutions for Thumbtack’s customers and professionals. You’ll work on a variety of projects across the product with a diverse set of team members.
- Partner with engineers and designers to ideate, prioritize and deliver great solutions for our customers and professionals
- Define and analyze key metrics to inform decision-making and measure success
- Conduct user research and lightweight tests to scope and prioritize product initiatives
- Coordinate within your team and among teams at Thumbtack to ensure understanding of and alignment around projects
- Wear many hats and be key organizational glue
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 6+ years of product management experience building consumer web/mobile products
- Excellent user-centric design and product sense
- Excellent analytical skills to break down and solve complex problems
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent business judgement
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience working in a marketplace business
- Experience working at a high-growth startup
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Benefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services
- Cell phone and WiFi reimbursements
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.