We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7.5 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Growth Marketing Team
We’re a team of marketers that create engaging campaigns across channels and work closely with cross-functional partners (Brand, Product, Engineering, and Data Science) to drive growth on both sides of Thumbtack’s marketplace. We are nimble, and innovative and our team’s mission is to help customers solve their home care needs by discovering and using Thumbtack’s platform.
About the Role
As Thumbtack strives to build a branded destination for home management services, we need to meet new customers where they are. The Senior Manager, Growth Marketing will lead Thumbtack’s efforts to capture customer demand for local services through digital paid and owned channels (primarily SEM, SEO, Paid Social, and App Installs). You will be working closely with Analytics and Engineering to build the tools and systems that power growth at scale and collaborating with the larger Growth Marketing team to build effective full-funnel marketing programs.
- Define & improve Thumbtack’s paid strategy across key channels, identifying new opportunities for customer and pro growth
- Manage, optimize, and grow the SEM and Mobile App Install program across Google, Microsoft, and Apple
- Develop experimentation roadmap partnering with cross-functional data science, analytics, and engineering teams
- Own the tracking, attribution, and measurement of performance metrics (ROAS, incrementality, lift, etc.) using a combination of in-house and third-party data
- Communicate vision and results to leadership and team.
- Coach and develop team members, as well as balance workload and staffing needs
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 6-8 years experience in digital advertising, primarily managing SEM programs.
- 2-3+ years of people management experience
- Proven track record of improving and scaling ad programs with specific conversion volume and efficiency goals
- Demonstrated experience improving the performance of SEM campaigns through testing, optimization, automation, and creative
- Ability to manage relationships with a large portfolio of ad vendors and partners
- Ability to define and execute on a 6-12 month roadmap with aggressive milestones while continuously monitoring results and improving performance
- Exceptional analytical capabilities and the ability to turn trends into actionable insights and hypothesis
- Experience with Mobile App Install (MAI), SEO, affiliate, and/or Paid Social programs
- Experience in a high growth tech company and/or two-sided marketplace app/company
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity combined with big-picture thinking and exceptional problem-solving skills
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.