A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Trust and Safety Team
We’re looking for a Project Management Analyst to help drive our efforts in building Thumbtack into the safest and most trusted marketplace for local services. You’ll work on our Trust and Safety Support Operations team to help provide actionable insights to improve our processes and procedures and help drive those initiatives. You’ll collaborate with various groups across the company on a wide variety of projects. From improving the way we train our team to building out new processes and procedures to handle concerns for our pros and customers.
About the Role
As a Project Management Analyst (official job title is Support Operations Analyst), you’ll work on a vast array of projects and initiatives to help our department improve how we operate and care for our customers, pros, and team. You’ll be expected to quickly build a level of expertise for any specialization or project you are assigned and drive results through those initiatives. The Project Management Analyst also collaborates with cross-functional teams on projects where broader department efforts overlap.
- Partner with Trust and Safety Leaders and teams to conduct in-depth process analyses that guide strategic decisions
- Make recommendations for new initiatives based on your deep understanding of our business and detailed analysis of procedures
- Take full ownership of assigned projects & initiatives that drive positive impact for our customers, pros, and team
- Develop a level of expertise for any project or specialization assigned
- Build and maintain relationships with cross-functional teams as required for the assigned projects
- Establish clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring and measuring results on initiatives and projects
- Seek solutions to process level issues with appropriate parties, and resolves them with minimal guidance
- Regularly question established processes and always seek to find new and better ways to take care of our customers/pros and improve our business
- Uncover root causes to difficult problems and design/implement strategic solutions
- Thoroughly plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with department/company goals
- Break down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions
- Stage activities with relevant milestones and schedules
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 2+ years experience working in a process improvement or project management role, preferably in operations, consulting, or technology
- Strong communicator with the ability to explain their findings and recommendations to various stakeholders
- Strong competency around planning, prioritizing, executing and problem-solving
- Experience with handling multiple projects and owning them independently, ideally for process improvement
- Experience leading complex projects to successful outcomes that drive impact
- Ability to quickly adapt to shifting priorities
- Experience in Trust and Safety
- Proficiency using SQL to query large datasets
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification
- Familiarity is Salesforce CRM
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
Benefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services
- Cell phone and WiFi reimbursements
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.