We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7.5 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Product Operations team
The Product Operations team provides contextual feedback across Thumbtack to understand how we can better attract, engage, and retain professionals and customers on the Thumbtack platform. This fast-paced team uses a combination of proactive outreach and user-driven approaches to collect, track, prioritize, and size user feedback and bugs to meet our core objective of improving user sentiment.
About the Role
The Product Quality and Insights Manager at Thumbtack acts as a collaborative partner within the Product Operations team, leading a team of Product Operations Specialists that review user feedback and bugs and identify areas to improve the user experience. This role works closely with their team members on various tasks from triaging bugs, to assisting with user insights deep dives. While creating a positive and energetic work environment, this role oversees the bugs queues and product feedback coding to ensure SLAs are met for multiple cross-functional partners.
- Lead the Product Quality and Insights team
- Mentor and coach a team of Product Operations Specialists
- Conduct weekly 1:1 sessions to coach on performance and personal development
- Oversee bugs queue and product feedback coding to ensure SLAs are met
- Provide backup support for team when necessary
- Develop deep knowledge of the product and bugs processes
- Assist with deep dive analysis of user journeys and user experience
- Provide guidance to team on data gathering, insights development, and solution recommendations
- Communicate progress and collaborate with other Product Operations team members
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 2+ years experience leading a team; you have a proven ability to provide direct supervision and guidance around how team members work day-to-day
- Strong interpersonal skills; you are approachable and an active listener who focuses on team work, while also being independently self-motivated, responsible, and dependable
- Emotional intelligence; you create a safe and inclusive team environment, and show concern for each team members’ success, well-being, and career development
- Collaborative; you are skilled at gaining the cooperation of others, usually concerning specific projects or schedules, to achieve a shared objective
- Process oriented; you are able to identify inefficiencies and/or ineffective processes, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Proficiency using SQL to query large datasets
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Well-developed capabilities in problem-solving and crafting efficient processes
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.