We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7.5 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the GTM/Ops Analytics Team
Thumbtack’s GTM/Ops Analytics team is charged with providing actionable insights for Thumbtack’s Go-to-Market and Ops teams within the COO org (which include Sales & Success, Customer Support, Experience Operations, and Marketplace Trust & Safety). We collaborate with various groups across the company on a wide variety of projects; everything from click-level data from our online HelpCenter, to call-level data from our outbound sales teams, to search- and transaction-level data between pros and customers from our product database. The Ops Analytics team is part of a global analytics team of more than 40 analysts.
About the Role
As a Data Analyst on the Support Operations team, you'll empower various business leaders with the data insights they need to make decisions. You’ll work as a cross-functional partner with these business leaders to craft strategy in the lanes of Marketplace Trust and Safety and Customer Support. You’ll also work with operations leadership to scale support operations by piloting and steering implementation of new AI and machine learning products .
Support Ops Analysts have the opportunity to work on projects that have an immediate and direct impact on the customer and pro experience, such as support segmentation, guarantee and payout policy, and adoption of new support tools.
- Become a strong partner with leaders of Thumbtack’s Support Operations teams to conduct in-depth quantitative analyses that guide strategic decisions
- Communicate insights from Support Operations initiatives in company-wide forums
- Quickly build technical and content expertise about our platform, as well as the touch-points through which the operations teams interact with our pros and customers
- Make proactive business recommendations based on detailed data analysis and a deep understanding of our business goals
- Build and maintain models, visualizations, dashboards, and data tables which provide insight into the quality of operational processes used to support our pros and customers
- Maintain SQL queries and scripts that underpin Thumbtack’s ETL data pipeline
- Identify key drivers of core business & experience outcomes through regression analyses, Machine Learning methods, clustering and other statistical techniques
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Economics, Statistics, Math, or Computer Science
- Passion for using data to drive business impact in an operational environment, including running A/B experiments within operational processes
- Experience analyzing user experience data (both product and survey data), preferably in a technology or marketplace company
- Strong experience using SQL to query large datasets, proficiency with data visualization software (e.g., Tableau, Mode), and familiarity with statistics/programming languages (e.g., R, Python)
- Strong communicator with the ability to explain technical results to a non-technical (and data savvy) audience
- Ability to detect and debug data anomalies in complex operational processes and a track record of working with business leaders to drive efficiencies
- Master’s degree in Applied Economics, Statistics, Data Science or related fields
- Experience with third-party operations- and experience-related platforms (such as Qualtrics, Google Analytics, Salesforce, Gong, Intercom, etc.)
- Experience working with cross-functional, off-shore teams in non-US time zones
- Familiarity with analytics and processes of other operational lanes (such as support, sales & success, or experience operations orgs)
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.