We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7.5 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Customer Education Team
We work to make sure every Thumbtack user has exceptional digital educational content to guide their journey – everything from a program overview in our help center for the new customer thinking about a membership, to video-based coaching for service professionals looking to grow their businesses. As part of the Experience Operations department, we work closely with many of our other experience teams, as well as Product Marketing, Legal, and Design to continually innovate and improve our digital education systems.
About the Role
As the leader of the Customer Education team, you’ll build deep understanding of our product and our users (both pros and customers), and then apply that knowledge to guide the team as it improves our digital education experiences across our properties and touchpoints. This will include setting the right strategy and guiding execution for our Help Center and our digital coaching resources for pros, as well as working closely with product and design teams to integrate key points of help into the product to create effortless, intuitive product experiences.
- Create and share a strong vision: You’ll guide the team as it creates and delivers on a vision for market-facing education that drives adoption and successful use of Thumbtack, as well as reduces unnecessary inbound support contacts through seamless integrated help at the point of need - from our help center to in-product links.
- Use digital education to accelerate and retain our best users: You’ll create skill-based digital assets and experiences that helps especially our best pros improve their success on Thumbtack and grow their business over time.
- Innovate: You’ll identify new and better ways to educate pros and customers (especially members) at each stage of their journey by delivering the right digital education assets, at the right times, in the best digital media formats, using the optimal tools and standards.
- Move fast: You’ll maintain help center and educational content accuracy, even as the product continually evolves, working with our Product Marketing and legal teams.
- Be data-centric: You’ll monitor and share out trends on comprehension to help improve our product and our educational content, including by user type and segment.
- Build strong management systems: You’ll work with the team to manage milestones and ensure internal service levels are met, with a focus on continual process improvement.
- Choose teamwork: As a leader, you'll help foster an engaged team culture, with ambitious plans and ways of working consistent with our company values.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field, or the equivalent, additional professional experience
- 3+ years experience leading teams or projects in market-facing learning/education or related content marketing functions, including evidence of relevant team work and projects
- Experience using help centers or digital help content to improve self-service rates and reduce support costs
- Excellent writing and editing skills with proven versatility in helping teams produce branded content for various audiences and delivery media types
- Ability to sift through complex or open datasets and identify key questions, help create management dashboards, A/B test, set team goals, and ultimately measure and validate impact of initiatives
- Understanding of digital education tools and technologies, especially online help centers, to guide our roadmap over time
- Effective, collaborative leader, who can manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced, team environment, with high engagement and teamwork
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline, or additional industry experience
- Experience implementing new market-facing learning tools and technologies
- Relevant experience working with other marketplaces or in the home or services industries
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.