We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7.5 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Growth Marketing Team
We’re a team of digital marketers that create engaging campaigns across channels and we work closely with cross-functional partners (Brand, Product, Engineering, and Data Science) to drive growth on both sides of Thumbtack’s marketplace. We are nimble, and innovative and our team’s mission is to help customers solve their home care needs by discovering and using Thumbtack’s platform.
About the Role
As Thumbtack strives to build a branded destination for home management services, we need to meet new customers where they are. You will lead a growing team and will drive our efforts to acquire customers and pros through various demand generating channels (SEM, SEO, CRO, affiliate, partnerships, and more). You will partner closely with Analytics and Engineering to build the tools and systems to power growth at scale, and collaborate with the larger Marketing org to build effective full-funnel marketing programs.
- Define & improve Thumbtack’s demand generation strategy (primarily Search), and identify new opportunities for growth across channels
- Own a significant digital marketing budget and KPIs, measuring effectiveness and impact on key business outcomes
- Develop strategic roadmaps, partnering with cross-functional teams, for building automation, scalable tools and optimizations around marketplace dynamics and customer LTV
- Communicate vision and results to leadership and team and influence key decisions
- Create and manage relationships with cross-functional teams and external partners (Google, Bing, measurement partners, agencies, etc. )
- Lead, coach, and develop high-performing team that is engaged and motivated to achieve Thumbtack's mission
- Establish standards for the team across operations, testing, reporting and measurement and champion excellence
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 10 years experience leading paid digital advertising, at least 4 years managing SEM specifically with a proven track record of improving and scaling ad programs with specific conversion volume and efficiency goals
- 4 years of people management experience, excellent leadership skills with the confidence to lead, manage and engage team members (both direct and indirect reports)
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and influence decision making across all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage relationships with a large portfolio of ad vendors and partners
- Strong ability to develop and implement plans while continuously monitoring results and implementing continuous improvement methodologies
- Innate ability to stay in tune with and take advantage of emerging technology trends and platforms within digital marketing
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO), conversion rate optimization (CRO), or other digital marketing channels
- Experience in a high growth tech company and/or two-sided marketplace app/company
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity combined with big-picture thinking and exceptional problem solving skills
- Strong data analytics skills (pivot tables, vlookups, basic modeling) and proficiency with SQL
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.