We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7.5 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Analytics Team
The Analytics team empowers Thumbtack to use data to guide business decisions. We collaborate with partners across the company to solve the most analytically challenging problems -- everything from how we optimize digital marketing, to set prices across hundreds of local services categories and from evaluating the impact of a new business model on company performance, to identifying early predictors of high-quality customers. We are a tight-knit, intellectually curious team that is committed to improving Thumbtack and improving each other.
Team members’ personal and professional development is a priority for us. We have a solid track record of growing team members into more senior responsibilities in analytics, as well as preparing them for diverse roles across product, data science, and marketing.
About the Role
As a Lead marketing science analyst at Thumbtack, you’ll be expected to leverage your analytical expertise, marketing knowledge, and interpersonal skills to drive a variety of high-impact projects. You will embed directly with a growth marketing team to help optimize various marketing channels, drive personalization and discover new channels. Outside growth marketing work, you’ll contribute to our broader analytics team and company data culture by sharing your learnings, partnering with others, and building new capabilities for how we can use data to guide decisions.
Team members’ personal and professional development is a priority for us. We have a solid track record of preparing team members not only for more senior responsibilities in analytics, but also for diverse roles across product, data science, and marketing.
- Provide a full suite of analytical support including analyzing user behaviors, identifying the target audience, campaign performance measurement, budget forecasting to marketing partners
- Identify opportunities and provide recommendations to optimize individual campaign as well as marketing channel mix
- Design and analyze experiments and other tests for causal inference, in collaboration with engineers, data scientists, and economists
- Partner with MarTech stakeholders, PM, engineers, etc. to help scope new features, e.g., improve SEM auto-bidding; build personalization engine for engagement marketing
- Develop topic area expertise, e.g., campaign measurement, A/B testing, customers segmentation, targeting optimization
- In collaboration with cross-functional partners, build new solutions and capabilities to scale growth marketing
- Contribute to our team and company data culture through accessible data table design and maintenance
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 3+ years of marketing analytics/data science experience
- Familiarity with digital marketing and experience with campaign measurement and performance optimization
- Passion for problem-solving, critical thinking, and data analytics
- Sharp business judgment and the ability to see past the noise
- Strong communicator, attentive listener, and compelling explainer
- Expert in SQL
- Proficient in Python or R
- Experience in relevant tech companies, e.g., consumer-facing or marketplace
- Experience in an analytical environment outside of analytics, e.g., management consulting
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree (preferred) in statistics, math, data science, computer science, or economics
- Experience in building various statistical and machine learning models, e.g., GLM, CLTV, attribution model, user-user affinity, product recommendation
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.