We’re the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Today, millions of people use Thumbtack to effortlessly manage their homes. We help them confidently know what to do, when to do it and who to hire.
Our goal is simple: to be the only platform homeowners need to fix, maintain and improve their homes. As a long-term partner for homeowners, our promise is to turn what was once confusing and intimidating into something straightforward — and a lot less stressful.
At Thumbtack, we're not just creating a new era of homeownership. We’re supporting local economies and building stronger communities. Each day, we connect local professionals across America with busy homeowners so they can grow their businesses.
Thumbtack is for everyone. Our customers and pros come from all walks of life and every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Our North Star is bright and our ambitions are big. We’ve been at this for over a decade, but the way we see it: we’re just getting started.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available in all 3,143 U.S. counties.
- Nearly 4.5 million customers in the last 12 months
- Hundreds of thousands of local professionals on our platform
- 65 million projects started on Thumbtack
- Over 7 million 5-star reviews left for stellar pros
About the Sales Team
The Sales team directly impacts the growth of the company by acquiring high quality + high capacity new professionals who will provide an amazing experience for our customers. Our sales approach drives product comprehension, pro retention, and generates a much higher ROI for the pro vs. pros who self-serve signup. We are a growing sales organization, currently looking for highly motivated leaders who want to be a part of scaling our Sales org.
About the Role
As a Sales Manager, you will oversee a team of sales reps and their outbound efforts to acquire high-capacity businesses on Thumbtack. You will play a key role in the team’s growth by surfacing learnings from sales conversations, by testing new data sources and sales processes, by improving the quality & quantity of pros on Thumbtack and by driving revenue for the company.
- Maintain high team morale, set & achieve goals both as a team, coach and improve the sales process, manage ever-changing campaigns and team productivity, and help streamline the AE workflow and operations processes
- Train and mentor current team members and new hires on sales strategies, scripting, and processes in a work from home environment
- Provide feedback to Sales Operations and Enablement on ways to improve workflow and efficiency for Account Executives, as well as identify training needs
- Become an expert in the Thumbtack product and clearly articulate why every business professional needs the product as part of their business plan
- Performance & documentation
- Manages daily sales issues and reconcile sales for accuracy and completion
- Other duties as assigned or required
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Expert at solution-based selling through aligning prospect goals, needs and problems to product solutions
- Have a collaborative attitude to share techniques and success with the team
- Experience with CRM and sales tools, preferably Salesforce
- Must have a minimum of 3 years sales experience and 2-3 years of sales management experience
- Experience using Google Suite
- Experience in managing a geographically dispersed, remote team
- Experiencing in short sales cycle consultative selling
More About Us
Thumbtack is a technology leader building the modern home management platform. Through the Thumbtack app, homeowners can effortlessly manage their homes — confidently knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. Bringing the $500 billion home services industry online, Thumbtack empowers millions of homeowners to fix, maintain, and improve their most valuable asset.
Founded in 2008, Thumbtack is backed by over $500 million in funding from folks that include Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Discover our virtual first plan
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.